I'm feeling needy because he is not at all?

We are dating now and I'm really into him. He is a great and very lovely guy. We sometimes nap together, he calls me baby, he kisses my forehead, always wants me to text when I arrive home etc. His friends know we are dating and they always smile when they see me.
When we are together he is so caring that it is just makes me want him more... But when i am not there I feel like he doesn't care.. I mean, he never texts me or call... And because of that I feel so needy when I am about to text him.. he always answers as soon as possible and when I ask him to meet, he never has a problem to find a time for me.
What do you think I should do? Should I just stop text him and wait for his move? What about if that makes me crazy because I miss him...

01