Do you expect your boyfriend to be your financial support?

Girls do you expect your boyfriend to give you money anytime you ask. And if he can’t do you see him as a disappointment?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but if we're married and we have agreed he will work and I won't that'd be different. If he can't provide everything then I won't be disappointed but I'd work either him to get everything paid for

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• No? I'm an adult woman, not a child in need of a father.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. I'm a working adult. I pay for my own shit and he can pay for his.

0|0
    0|0
    • My girl is in school so she asks for money

• I don't think being in school is an excuse to smooch off people. Sure, she can ask for some money if she's in a really tough spot but to expect you to pay for everything is just ridiculous.

• No. Even in school I didn't. My boyfriend offered to help, couple of quid here and there for some chocolate, and gave me some when my mum refused to pay for me to go on a trip to a theme park with college. You are not obligated to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that girls who think that way are just simply dumb, where's the guarantee that y'all will be together after 5 years or even a year? Where's she going then and what is she going to eat and live off of?
    You have to have everything yourself, so with or without him you can live the way you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, absolutely NO. I mean, for me. I dont know for other girls. Boyfriends are not and shouldn't be our "credit cards", you know. That's insane. Well, for me, i'm not in a relationship for money. I'm there for love and trust. For happiness and even for sadness. To support and to love. Not to bankrupt my boyfriend, if i have one. I would even be willing to pay some for him, too. It should be give and take. Not take it all.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm single right now but when I was dating a guy for four years I would not let him give me any money for shopping either. When we had lunch somewhere I'd almost always pay in half. I don't like being dependent on anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no. It’s my job to take care of myself and not rely on another person for finical support. If he offers it’s one thing but to blatantly ask and be disappointed when he can’t or says no , that’s just a byproduct of being a spoiled little bitch.

0|0
    0|0
  • A man should take care of a good woman when necessary, a good woman will be worth it and won't take advantage, if you know what I mean.

0|0
    0|0
    • So I should give her money whenever she asks?

• I'm getting old, so I'm trying to use fewer words to make my point. Try to understand me, if you had a good woman you would know, a good woman never takes advantage of a man. So if you know for sure you're not being taken advantage of you should help her out. If she is in fact using you then you tell her no. What does she want the money for? is it important, is she asking for unnecessary things way too often? Only you can know, not us.

• What you're thinking of is an ATM, not a boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes but my girlfriend is at school and she needed money but it was too much

• People that are entitled to your money for uncrossing their legs are prostitutes, not girlfriends...
      Helping her out some here and there where she really needs it and you are able to is a nice gesture, of course, but it's not an acquired right just for being in a relationship. Not to mention, there's need and there's need, which one is it even?

• I don't expect my boyfriend to give me money anytime I ask. How much money someone has shouldn't determine if you're disappointed in them or not either, in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • No.. I would never expect my boyfriend to be my financial support. I would rather like it better when both are independent.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I work full time and have more than enough money

0|0
    0|0
  • No, my boyfriend/husband is not a source of income, he is a person I cherish, love and grow with for the worst or the best. I am still young but only depend on myself and have goals that I plan achieving. Even tho I sometimes barely even have a dollar, I would never ever ask my boyfriend to buy me something. Just not my character. However I would not mind asking for money if I already lended him money, we could both help each other out when needed. If your girlfriend is disappointed that you can not always support her financially then she ain’t the one get your self a better girl

0|0
    0|0
  • No, i don't expect my boyfriend to gimme money anytime i ask

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope never

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, dumb.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never considered it

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • No I never thought..😂

0|0
    0|0
  • tbh I kinda do but I wouldn't like him to do it alone and I wish I could be there by his side helping out and doing something together and making money together but I'm just not sure if I could

0|0
    0|0
  • No way. And bitch who does that needs a wake up call. Unless you’re an old man trying to date young hot chicks, or you’ve having a big family and she stays home for childcare, there’s no reason to stay with a gal like this.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes