Why does this bother him now?

I bought a home, and I decided to rent out my extra bedroom. My boyfriend had no issue with it, until my latest renter moved in. My boyfriend is upset bc he is male. He said he would prefer if I had female roommates only. I don't really see why it matters since the guy and I are on different schedules and never see each other. And I'm a faithful woman and I've never given my boyfriend any reason not to trust me. I dont see why a male roommate is a big deal. The guy pays his rent on time and never bothers me, so what is the issue?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a trust issue on his part. I'm not saying you've given him a reason not to. But that's just how he is.
    Or he feels inferior to the other guy. He may be scared of losing you, or that he cannot compete with him.
    That, or he had other intentions in the back of his mind. And that's why he wanted a female roommate instead.

0|0
    0|0
    • He and I don't live together though. The house is mine and I rent the extra rooms to have extra money coming in to renovate it. I asked him if he wanted to move in and he said he wasn't ready.

• Show All
    • Ah, so he is more worried about something happening between you two. That or he simply feels like since you two are under the same roof. That the roommate could take you away from him.

• Maybe so

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• if your boyfriend is controlling but also not ready to move in with you just tell him to pay that monthly fee for the rooms you are renting so they can be empty, if he is this guy make him pay
    also teach him a lesson somehow, if you are with him you are with him, he can't be a wuss

0|0
    0|0
  • Your boyfriend is stupid and is not thinking

0|1
    0|0
  • maybe he wanted a bae hahaa

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you think? I'd be pissed as well.

0|0
    0|0
    • We talked about it beforehand, and he didn't have a problem.

• Show All
    • This ought to blow over. Sounds to me your tenant is legit. The month is more than half over.
      You'll be fine.

• I just wish he had said something sooner, bc I hate that this has bugged him and I do love him and I don't want to hurt him.

Recommended myTakes