My boyfriend doesn't like my body type. What should I do?

Last night I told my boyfriend that Im gladd he doesn't mind the developing fat on my stomach (I'm a pretty thin girl. 5'7" 120 lbs. But growing up has giving me more of a woman's body and with that comes some stomach fluff.) And he looked my square in the eyes and said "I like fat chicks. You couldn't get too fat for me." And while I always had a suspsion that he was into bigger women he had never said it so bluntly to me before. While he was trying to reassure by saying this me it only made me feel worse about myself and now he sees me. Now not only am not thin enough for my liking but I'm also not fat enough for his preferences. We ended up getting into an argument about this. He told me he only thinks of fat girls as a novelty and that I'm a 10 overall except in the weight department I'm like a 5. And to me this just hurt. Because while he's not what my IDEAL I've come to LOVE every part about him. Before we started dating I generally was into more toned guys while he has some stomach fat like me. But I've just come to love him so much that he's basically become my new ideal. He's perfect to me. And while I still do like toned guys to an extent I would never say that to his face. Partially because it's rude and partially because I don't even think about toned guys anymore. But he straight up told me that I'm like a 5 in terms of my weight and the average fat girl is like a 7. I don't know how to react to this. I just pictured myself being with a guy that was completely gaga over me and who thinks my body is perfect. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't start putting on the pounds to please him. Any partner who would encourage you to be unhealthy doesn't give a shit about you, and that applies both to men who want extremely thin girls to be thinner and men who want healthy or chubby girls to be heavier. All you can really do is try to accept that he won't be as attracted to you as you'd like, or break it off and find someone who will appreciate you as much as you should be appreciated.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do anything?
    He is into fat chicks he likes you enough to be in a relationship with despite not being fat...
    Why is this a big problem?
    What if you were a blond and he told you he prefers redheads?
    Does it matter?
    Unless he demands you gain weight just ignore it
    So you don't get a top score on one of his preferences... no big deal

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He should have kept this opinion to himself. You sound pretty perfect, with a healthy body weight. I think you should both date other people.

1|0
    0|0
  • If a guy told me to lose weight I would have broke up with him. So you should move on go find someone who likes you not someone who wants you to change for them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why are you worried about changing anything just to suit your boyfriend? You sound perfect to me, he's nuts for even taking a chance on letting You slip away!

1|0
    0|0
  • seems like you guys shouldn't be dating then... move on?

1|0
    0|0
  • Look your gonna be insecure regardless of what he said all he did was try to make you not stress about something pointless take it as a compliment and move on

0|0
    1|0
  • F him. Your perfect. Find a new boyfriend and let that dirtbag find Rosie O'donnell.

0|0
    0|0
  • You guys shouldn’t be together then

1|0
    0|0
  • Do what makes you happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let him be with you for your soul

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes