My boyfriend doesn't like my body type. What should I do?

Last night I told my boyfriend that Im gladd he doesn't mind the developing fat on my stomach (I'm a pretty thin girl. 5'7" 120 lbs. But growing up has giving me more of a woman's body and with that comes some stomach fluff.) And he looked my square in the eyes and said "I like fat chicks. You couldn't get too fat for me." And while I always had a suspsion that he was into bigger women he had never said it so bluntly to me before. While he was trying to reassure by saying this me it only made me feel worse about myself and now he sees me. Now not only am not thin enough for my liking but I'm also not fat enough for his preferences. We ended up getting into an argument about this. He told me he only thinks of fat girls as a novelty and that I'm a 10 overall except in the weight department I'm like a 5. And to me this just hurt. Because while he's not what my IDEAL I've come to LOVE every part about him. Before we started dating I generally was into more toned guys while he has some stomach fat like me. But I've just come to love him so much that he's basically become my new ideal. He's perfect to me. And while I still do like toned guys to an extent I would never say that to his face. Partially because it's rude and partially because I don't even think about toned guys anymore. But he straight up told me that I'm like a 5 in terms of my weight and the average fat girl is like a 7. I don't know how to react to this. I just pictured myself being with a guy that was completely gaga over me and who thinks my body is perfect. What should I do?

47

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't start putting on the pounds to please him. Any partner who would encourage you to be unhealthy doesn't give a shit about you, and that applies both to men who want extremely thin girls to be thinner and men who want healthy or chubby girls to be heavier. All you can really do is try to accept that he won't be as attracted to you as you'd like, or break it off and find someone who will appreciate you as much as you should be appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do anything?
    He is into fat chicks he likes you enough to be in a relationship with despite not being fat...
    Why is this a big problem?
    What if you were a blond and he told you he prefers redheads?
    Does it matter?
    Unless he demands you gain weight just ignore it
    So you don't get a top score on one of his preferences... no big deal