Can the past be forgotten?

So I recently learned my girlfriend from raped when she was younger, I don't know what your think, it frustrates me, disgusts me, enrages me, and makes me so sad she went through that but now I feel dirty for having sex with her because it keep popping up in my head and I picture that scene on 13 reasons why. How to solve that and forget that?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand that you feel those things when you know that she got raped but you must think that she, even though she got raped I feel that she feel ashamed and dirty in herself that she thinks she doesn't deserve to love a person once again. In a relationship, you must love and accept her whole even though he/she has a bad past. You must let her feel/know that she's deserve to love even though she got raped. They need only one person that makes them feel that they are being loved or special. I'm sure she is truly happy to have you.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. You're fucked, we're all fucked.

The past is there, and always will be. Don't dig up old wounds and just focus on making memories to outnumber the bad ones.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I was raped when I was younger too to hear you say the things you’re thinking it hurts because we didn’t want it too happen we were young we didn’t know. You should appreciate her more love her a real man would understand even love her more

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't break her down more tell her u won't initiate but want cuddles or kisses maybe if she does something different... but if you aren't serious about her dont promise her a knight but a gentleman

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, U can't forget it. You can just face it, and just keep going forward. Look, there is nothing you can do about it. By the way, if you feel dirty for having sex with her, imgane how she felt when someone raped her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes