Does a weak partner seek out a strong confident one?

Weak as in weak personality, and it can be for both sexes, weak man seeking a strong woman or the opposite, what do you think?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• Not usually, the idea that opposites attract is purely myth. Obviously there are outliers, but we tend to go for people that are similar to us, not the same but very similar. For example, as an extrovert, I wouldn't date an introvert because that drives a lot if how we go about our daily lives, if I want to be out meeting people and being in public, I won't want to be with someone that doesn't like doing that stuff. I think as far as weak vs strong, there is some merit to that. On average men have stronger personalities and women have weaker personalities so the normal heterosexual relationship will likely have a bit of an imbalance in that sense. But that isn't a pronlem, that just ties into men being the protector in a relationship, it's biological.

• I agree with this introvert-extrovert part, I wouldn't want to be with an extrovert, because socializing drains my battery and I don't like it.

• Exactly, and that's fine because there are women like that who would love to spend time alone with you, and there are women that would like to be out and about with me

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the weak will naturally seek out the strong... I think the real question is whether the strong will accept the weak?

I find it more likely that a strong male will accept a weak female than a strong female will accept a weak male.