Does a weak partner seek out a strong confident one?

Weak as in weak personality, and it can be for both sexes, weak man seeking a strong woman or the opposite, what do you think?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Not usually, the idea that opposites attract is purely myth. Obviously there are outliers, but we tend to go for people that are similar to us, not the same but very similar. For example, as an extrovert, I wouldn't date an introvert because that drives a lot if how we go about our daily lives, if I want to be out meeting people and being in public, I won't want to be with someone that doesn't like doing that stuff. I think as far as weak vs strong, there is some merit to that. On average men have stronger personalities and women have weaker personalities so the normal heterosexual relationship will likely have a bit of an imbalance in that sense. But that isn't a pronlem, that just ties into men being the protector in a relationship, it's biological.

0|1
    1|0
    • I agree with this introvert-extrovert part, I wouldn't want to be with an extrovert, because socializing drains my battery and I don't like it.

• Exactly, and that's fine because there are women like that who would love to spend time alone with you, and there are women that would like to be out and about with me

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the weak will naturally seek out the strong... I think the real question is whether the strong will accept the weak?

I find it more likely that a strong male will accept a weak female than a strong female will accept a weak male.

0|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• People who are weak generally seek validation from others. So, yes it happens even though the weaker person might not know it. For example: A man with low confidence will seek, mostly want since they're usually not confident enough to do something, a beautiful woman who at least likes him so he can feel loved (Validated).

1|1
    0|0
  • It's better to have one like that, it helps a lot when someone among them is depressed and lonely.

0|1
    0|0
    • Exactly my thoughts! And I bet the other "strong" person will enjoy caring for the other.

• Very often the weak seek out the strong. I am a strong person and often get weak people want to lean on me. But why would a strong person bother?

0|0
    1|1
  • Nope. Weak partners actually seek out weak ones according to a few psychologist. There is a saying, "if a relationship has one broken person, it has two"

0|1
    0|0
  • Opposites often attract. Not intentionally in most relationships. One of the two is the stronger..

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but more often strong people will search fur weak ones

0|1
    0|0
  • What's a weak personality?

1|0
    0|1
  • Yes. That's why most women seek strong men, and reject men who are too emotional and physically lacking. Almost everything a woman seeks in a man is strength-related: funny/witty (intellectual strength), well built, well off (financial strength), keeps emotions under control, acts in the face of danger/fear (mental strength), patient, you name it.

Its because women are generally the weaker sex in all those aspects, and they need a strong man to guide and support them.

1|0
    2|0
    • And there's nothing wrong with it, so don't take it as a criticism. There's nothing at all wrong with a woman who's weak and vulnerable to her man. There IS a current problem of women who are weak, but claim to be strong, and so they don't appreciate or acknowledge their man's strength and his ability to hold shit together while she's falling apart. That's taking him for granted, and there's no better way to guarantee that he lets you crumble and fail.

Recommended myTakes