My boyfriend refused to take me to places he had been with his ex?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over 1 year. He has an ex he dated 10 years ago and their relationship last for a little less than 2 years. He had taken her to a lot of places like Hawaii, New York City, Seattle, etc. However, we have never been on a getaway together. All we have gone to are just parks near our neighborhood. I asked him if we could go to Hawaii this summer and he refused. His excuse is he doesn’t have time but I know he can easily make time for it. I can’t help but feeling like he never want to take me to places because he only want memories of his ex there. He always talk about her and that he thinks she’s a very strong and independent woman and he liked her for that, and that she wanted to name her son this and that, and that even though she was taller than him he was very attracted to her, and that she doesn’t believe in birth control so he always wear condoms, etc. Things that I don’t need to hear about. He said the most depressing thing that happened to him was when she broke up with him. It was 10 years ago, it’s hard to believe he’d still be into her (she’s married and has 3 kids now) but why is he always talking about her and refuse to do anything with me when he had done so much with her? Is he still into her after 10 years even though they only dated for less than 2 years? He compared me to her a lot, and he said she was the best relationship he had and he had more fun with her than me. This hurts a lot. How can I get him to go on vacations with me instead of just sitting home playing video games?

11