Can a friendzoned friend lose his feelings?

If you are being friendzoned and decide to keep being friends. Close friends. Will there ever be a point where the romantic feeling goes away? And how many years/months did that take you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course he can. The fact that you are worried about a friend in a friend zone shows that you may have the same feelings as he does. Eventually a man can only wait so long for a female to eventually like them back. All and all, you both need to speak about the possibility of you 2 being together. If he's a great guy and he is already your friend, then what do you have to lose? You want a friend in the person you are with.

0|2
    0|0
    • Thanks for your answer. Its been a couple or years now and we're best friends ever since. But now I'm starting to have feelings after all this time. Afraid he will say no now. I know the only right answer is 'talk to him', so I probably will (at some point) ;).

• Show All
    • One concern I had was that the change in your attitude about him might have been triggered by something along the lines of learning he was about to move, start a new relationship or consider getting back into an old one. But it seems your feelings developed gradually and as a result of absence making your heart grow fonder, etc.

• Thanks for listening to my story, it actually helps a lot to talk about it here :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah it happened to me. I'm still extremelly physically attracted to her, but now that I know her better I can say 100% she is too irresponsible and immature to be wife / mother material.

Fun as hell to hang out with though.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it is possible for the romantic feelings to go away. Digest those butterflies and move on. Remind yourself you don't want somebody who doesn't want you. It might be hard to get over a crush, but it's possible. If you catch yourself dwelling on them, just remind yourself "But I want and deserve somebody who likes me back. Sucks they don't, but they're a good friend. I'll find somebody else"

0|0
    0|0
  • I still have romantic feelings, but I've come to accept her decisions. However, this did take me 9 months. BUT this is the second time I have been friendzoned. I've never really got over the first time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes when a guy accepts the fact they are stuck in the friendzone and give up hope on getting the girl the feelings start to fade mostly because they would be trying to get another girl after giving up on "you"

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Not possible. Distance (not seeing each other for months if not years) is necessary to move on.
    ... or maybe if I (in the friendzoned guy's shoes) found some other girlfriend, then yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. After he realizes that you put him there. Of course there will those few that hope you change your mind and sudden fall for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's probably better if you give him some space to get over you

0|0
    0|0
  • It didn't for me. Worst period of my life, walking away was the best decision I've ever made

0|0
    0|0
  • Different people takes different amounts of time. My question is if you friend zoned a person, why would you care?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it can do but it depends on the guy and how he reacts to it. If he thinks there's a chance nope!

0|0
    0|0
  • There will be a point when the emotions go away, but it depends on how you deal with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe eventually... but it'll take years, if it ever happens at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person and how deep are those feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes been there haunts u for ever

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. It's better for him to be cut off

0|0
    0|0
  • Once you stop chatting with him/her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely

0|0
    0|0
  • it will fade away specially if you get in a relationship and he sees that, at first he will be upset but trust me sooner like less than 3 m9nths he will realize and stop having feeling for you. It's coming from a guy who was friendzone for 3 years but when I saw her with her boyfriend for the first time, my feelings for her started to fade and thank God it did because I found someone else who is much better than her and I mean her inner personality we match soo much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does go away. you just have to learn to move on and its the best feeling to have a friend who you can be open with.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, it could be way better to have a wife you can be open with instead... *Shrugs*

• @ladiesknight not all best friends can be soul mates! I have many many good guy friends who have been there for me as i have for them. We don’t click together but we have the same views and morals which is why we still respect each other. I believe that for 2 people to be soulmates, not only similar beliefs but also someone who has the same humor and laughs over the same jokes. When we can do literally nothing but still have fun.

Recommended myTakes