Can a friendzoned friend lose his feelings?

If you are being friendzoned and decide to keep being friends. Close friends. Will there ever be a point where the romantic feeling goes away? And how many years/months did that take you?

318

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course he can. The fact that you are worried about a friend in a friend zone shows that you may have the same feelings as he does. Eventually a man can only wait so long for a female to eventually like them back. All and all, you both need to speak about the possibility of you 2 being together. If he's a great guy and he is already your friend, then what do you have to lose? You want a friend in the person you are with.

• Thanks for your answer. Its been a couple or years now and we're best friends ever since. But now I'm starting to have feelings after all this time. Afraid he will say no now. I know the only right answer is 'talk to him', so I probably will (at some point) ;).

• One concern I had was that the change in your attitude about him might have been triggered by something along the lines of learning he was about to move, start a new relationship or consider getting back into an old one. But it seems your feelings developed gradually and as a result of absence making your heart grow fonder, etc.

• Thanks for listening to my story, it actually helps a lot to talk about it here :)