I don’t want my boyfriend to look good. Is this wrong?

Hi y’all. So my boyfriend and I have been dating over a year. In the beginning we both were gym heads. He was nice slim and cut, always shaved and looked nice. When I got preg he gained about 40 pounds and never really shaved or got dressed nice. Last week he went out with friends and shaved finally. Before he went out he said that he feels young again and now all week he’s been trying to eat good and bought all this health stuff. He wants to workout again. Is it wrong of me for me not wanting him to do that? I know once he does that girls will be all over him. Especially cause he goes out alone since I’m with the baby. I trust him but a part of me thinks he might entertain these girls out there. I never worried about it before cause he looked a mess tbh. But now I’m nervous cause he’ll look how he did before, which was amazing. I can’t go back to the gym for one more week so I feel like I need to make myself look nice all the time so he doesn’t look other ways.

4670

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to support him.
    he's going to do it regardless and YOU get the brownie points for being there and motivating him.

Let not jealousy cause a druft.
    He can sense if you're on his team or not and may not understand or even might over look why.

You want to be the girl he attempts to attract when he's sexy again, YOU need to be there, right in fron off his face.

Start finding a way to go out with him to, just a liitle reninder to him that you two are one.

• This isn't about you having to look pretty either.

Most respectable guys dont stray if their woman is evidentally their numero uno, their friend, their other half.
      This is about you telling him how you feel and showing ur still willing to go miles for him.

We have to do it for our wives and gfs many many many times.
      It shows us whats important when our lady does it for us.

• I am here for him. I been supporting him. It’s just deep down I feel uneasy about it.
      I try to go out with him but he usually doesn’t invite me... says it’s a guys thing.
      I did mention how I wanted to be included and he said we can have date night - which I love but I don't know why I can’t go out too. He says I have to stay with the baby. N this right here is why I feel uneasy. Why can’t I go and why is he getting his looks together to go out and impress who while I’m not there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can totally understand you!! It’s like you can’t catch up lookswise because you’re now busy taking care of the baby, if that makes sense? I would say you’re being irrational about the whole situation because him looking nice JUST gives him an self confidence boost and who doesn’t like feeling self confident? You can both take the time to get dressed up and go to fancy places. I bet both of you look amazing together as a couple so seriously don’t worry, if he was the kind of guy who relies on female attention then he would’ve taken care of his appearance MONTHSS or even YEARS ago ❤️❤️

• It does give him confidence and I wouldn’t mind him cleaning up but I know for a fact once he does girls will be all over him and that’s what I don’t want. I don’t trust them and I don't know of my boyfriend will fight the urge, especially if a more attractive girl approaches him.
      I’m not ugly ya know. I think I’m very pretty but I did gain a little weight when I was preg and seeing him trying to look good and I’m just like uhhhh. It makes me feel like he wants that attention. Then him mentioning he feels like he’s in his 20s makes me nervous cause I’m his 20s he was all about girls and drinking and stuff. He’s 33 by the way.

• How you feel is very logical.

But remember we all grew up in a "look good, feel good" cukture.
      A bunch of superficial vanity.

When my ole lady gets dressed uo, I get the "ehhh" feeling sometimes, but God reminds me, that she is trying to feel good about herself, and that she's in the room getting dressed wuth me.

If I'm doing my part, and she's a decent being, which she is, she won't stray.

But overall it isn't about me in those times, she just wants to feel good.

So then I focus on ways I can make her feel good, and great as she is.

Sorry you're going through it all, especially after the baby, but work through it with him.

Definitely talk to him about it and ask questions.

• I just don’t know what questions to ask. I don’t want to bring up that I’m insecure. N usually when I ask him if he’s still attracted to me and stuff of course he says yes. I know he wants to get dressed up to feel good about himself but I can’t help but think why else are you doing it. For attention from other girls? Cause if I love you how u look why are you still trying to go back to what you were when you were pulling girls you know?