How did you meet your current partner?

How did you meet your current partner?
Nice stories. I read them all!
The answer to this question... anywhere!

3634

Most Helpful Girl

• I met him when I switched jobs. I'll never forget when I first saw him, in my head the "big bad John" song started playing. He literally stood 6'6" and weighed 245(ish), and as it turned out his name was actually Jon lol.

I just walked past him following my boss to my job station, but he instantly caught my attention just by sheer size, and he was actually chopping a tree down right then (the site was expanding towards a forest). Looked just like a lumberjack from a story book. Flannel shirt and all. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not, honestly.

But the next day I saw him again, this time chopping a tree up that he'd already cut down. Again I was just passing to my own station indoors, but I couldn't keep him off my mind. It was like he was out of place. Something was different about that.

Well I actually met him when I broke up with my ex and all the other guys there started hitting on me-- exept him. So I started to spend time around him when I could, and used the excuse that it was to keep the other guys from bugging me all the time. He didn't seem to mind.

Long story short, he was a great guy in all, and we got to like each other. After a while we started dating, and we didn't stop for five years up until a few weeks ago. Now he's not my boyfriend anymore, he's my fiance, and I am so glad I met him when I did. He's the best thing that ever happened to me. :) Also yesterday was his birthday, so happy birthday to Jon and anyone else that has one soon! 😊