Will you date a girl with Daddy issues?

If so why? And what would be your challenges with her?
Updates:
#1 Sexual aggression. Although women with daddy issues seem to be sexually aggressive, it’s not because they put very little value on sex. It’s the opposite, actually; they are more likely to be aggressive because they think that sex can get them into a man’s good graces. [Read: Sex in a relationship – what it means to a woman]

#2 Clinginess. Due to the warped sense of thinking that came from item 1, women with daddy issues will misconstrue their situation by begging for attention

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. I won't. I am already pretty screwed up . I would love someone who has a sound mind and personality

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I wouldn't necessarily say my wife has "daddy issues" but I know she has had trouble with male role models/father figures in her past.

Her biological father was abusive to her mother and a drug addict, and her step father abandoned the family after he got her mom pregnant with her half sister.

So she never had a reliable father figure around, she was primarly raised by her Mother and Grandmother, and she also had a half sister. sooooo all female household, very little male influences.

As a result of this, ever since me (her first true boyfriend in highschool) she has never been single since. (we dated in gr 9, broke up in gr 10 because I had moved away) before we officially broke up she had found a new boyfriend, and she did the same when she broke up with him, and again with the 3rd when eventually we got back together in college.

So I feel like she does have issues with men (as a generalization) but not sure if they are connected to having lackluster father figures around as she grew up.

Currently she is fine, she respects me and loves me and wishes me to be a good father to our children, she listens to what I have to say and enjoys my affection towards her, no trauma or anything like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends what you mean. A woman who was abused by her father - especially sexually - may have a difficult time being intimate with a man. So yes, I would avoid getting involved with someone with those kinds of daddy issues.

1|1
    0|0
  • Wouldn't bother me cause no one is perfect but I would not actively seek them out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I would, looking at your update, that's really accurate, I'm glad you explained it. Although the 1st one is more related to some sort of sexual trauma, not so much "daddy issues" (though they could be one in the same) I should mention that there are people who go far opposite, instead of sexual aggression, they become almost closed off to sex, and uncomfortable with the idea. On #2 some people find it really hard to get close to others, because they have learned they can't rely on others so they seem stand offish and distant. Overall it's a good explanation though :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Heck Nope, no girly princesses for me. I love tough tomboys!!

1|1
    0|1
  • My girlfriend is one. Regret it everyday. She has no heart

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, so I could help her with the issues she’s having, to lighten the heavy load off of her chest.

0|0
    0|0
  • daddy issues mean

0|1
    0|0
    • #1 Sexual aggression. Although women with daddy issues seem to be sexually aggressive, it’s not because they put very little value on sex. It’s the opposite, actually; they are more likely to be aggressive because they think that sex can get them into a man’s good graces. [Read: Sex in a relationship – what it means to a woman]

#2 Clinginess. Due to the warped sense of thinking that came from item 1, women with daddy issues will misconstrue their situation by begging for attention. Unfortunately, both items 1 and 2 usually backfire, because they are done out of desperation, instead of affection.

#3 Excessive friendliness towards guys. Women with daddy issues are drawn to men. They revel in their attention. You will likely see this in her response to men and women; she’ll usually be warm and friendly toward men, yet cold and aloof toward women.

• Show All
    • do u have any such issue?

• @allgirlsarebeautiful , it's honestly disappointing that your response to the said issues was so self centered. Those issues would mostly effect the girl, and your connection with her, how you would have to adapt to make her comfortable or feel loved. The fact that you said "it's not an issue to me" is sad

• Girls with daddy issues have ton of deep issues

0|2
    0|0
  • I tend to date strippers so that's implied

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s cool lol

0|0
    0|0
  • i avoid girl with daddy issues
    they are weird

0|0
    0|0
    • I dont have daddy issues. I think we all do in same way. I am kinda weird. I am a Mama's girl.

• we all do? girl your problem is your problem , not us

• Most women nowadays have daddy issues.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes