How to politely and not offensively ask my boyfriend who is from a Spanish country, if he is legal and not using me for a green card?

Soo I’ve never been in this situation before. I’m 23. I met a guy who is from El Salvador, he’s 33. I’ve only known him for about 1.5 weeks. We met because he works near where I do at a restaurant. He was married and is in the process of getting a divorce. He has a 1 year old son. We have a lot of similarities and a really great connection but now I’m wondering if that was all an act or false because he’s trying to marry me or something. I don’t know how the legalization works in the US, or what the green card honestly is. My friend brought it up and now I’m concerned. I want to ask this guy if he’s legal, I want to make sure I’m not being used in any way.
I am more freaked out since we’ve been on 4 dates and on the last date he said we could get married (I thought he was joking but he said it a few times throughout the evening) and then said he wanted to have my children in a few years. He seems to be moving fast with me, but I know some guys once they fall for a girl they get crazy too. I’ve had it happen with other guys. I’m quite pretty (not trying to sound stuck up but I have a lot of guys after me) and I’m young... but I don’t want to be stupid, and I truthfully feel really bad about the thought of accusing him of this but people do it all the time. How do I ask him? He is super sweet and nice so I don’t want to come off accusatory.

Also I briefly saw an ID (maybe working id?) in his pocket, it was all black and white though?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I will try to answer this the best way possible. From the comments below l see that only bigots came to answer your question without answering your question and adding their sterotypes. I personally think that you probably shouldn’t see him just because of a massive age difference and the fact that you are young Andre probably needs a women more mature who’s going to want to settle down in a couple of years l don’t see someone your age setting down at least til late 20s and l don’t think he’s looking to wait more than 2 years. In his culture people tend to get married a lot quicker than in the states so l see a lot of possible differences. But if he makes you happy than stick around and if he respects you he will wait.

• Thank you, very respectable, honest and helpful answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just don't marry him and keep seeing him. If he suddenly disappears or INS comes for him, there is your answer. If things work out and you're together for a few years, maybe put marriage back on the table and the reason will certainly be because you love each other. Nothing wrong with being casual. Just don't marry him.

• You’re the only one so far who wasn’t so judgmental so thank you. I can’t believe the other answers, they’re so judgmental