Is it a red flag if early in dating a guy says things like he knows he’ll be the father of my children?

I just started dating a guy, we’ve been going out for like 1.5 weeks. He’s a few years older than me. We had been drinking a few beers when he said this, and we were having a great time, but he said he can see us getting married, that he thought about what our children would look like and how cute they’d be (truthfully I had thought about if we had kids too but I wasn’t about to say it, and it wasn’t a serious thought), and then later he said he knows he will be the father of my children, that in a few years we’ll have a child or children of our own.

Is this a red flag? Or is he just that into me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1.5 weeks? 10 days?

I believe in "love at first sight", but not "kids at first sight". So he must be kidding (LOL).

If he REALLY want to marry you, ask him to show in action:

1) Put a ring on your finger and then set a wedding date.

2) No sex until marriage (a good test of his sincerity).

3) Start looking for a house and (if you don't have yet) a car.

4) Save up for the wedding in a joint account.

Of course before these make sure you love him and he is able to live up to his part as a husband and father.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh... in under two weeks yes that's pretty fucking weird. Only think weirder was if your first date was to but wedding cakes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That’s class A weird talk that’s hitting the pedal at 100. You said you thought the same thing but it’s different that a women would think this than a man plus even if he thought it he should had more social awareness to realize that would come across like creep city.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he was telling you what he thought you wanted to hear.. What was your reaction/response at the time?

0|0
    0|0
    • I was speechless and he saw he spooked me and apologized and said, oh I’m sorry I see that scared you. We won’t talk about that. Or something along those lines.

• Red flag

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes