Is it a red flag if early in dating a guy says things like he knows he’ll be the father of my children?

I just started dating a guy, we’ve been going out for like 1.5 weeks. He’s a few years older than me. We had been drinking a few beers when he said this, and we were having a great time, but he said he can see us getting married, that he thought about what our children would look like and how cute they’d be (truthfully I had thought about if we had kids too but I wasn’t about to say it, and it wasn’t a serious thought), and then later he said he knows he will be the father of my children, that in a few years we’ll have a child or children of our own.

Is this a red flag? Or is he just that into me?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• 1.5 weeks? 10 days?

I believe in "love at first sight", but not "kids at first sight". So he must be kidding (LOL).

If he REALLY want to marry you, ask him to show in action:

1) Put a ring on your finger and then set a wedding date.

2) No sex until marriage (a good test of his sincerity).

3) Start looking for a house and (if you don't have yet) a car.

4) Save up for the wedding in a joint account.

Of course before these make sure you love him and he is able to live up to his part as a husband and father.

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh... in under two weeks yes that's pretty fucking weird. Only think weirder was if your first date was to but wedding cakes.