My family would like me to date/marry within my race but I was never in my life attracted to white men. How to deal with this situation?

Its hard because I really love my family and I want them to be happy but I never found white men even slightly attractive so I think my life with one would be a living hell for me so even though I want my family to he happy I want me to be happy too
How can I deal with this situation?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In an ideal world, it would be fine. But since we aren't in ideal world, you will have to work hard. Like first start complimenting a guy from a race you do find attractive, in front of your mom. Then like that you need to qork slowly and let her know you are nkt attracted to white men.

If the guy is respectable, then race would become secondary. It is a long shot, but that is your option.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! I might try. My parents know that I prefer other races but they would still like for me to eventually marry a white guy.

• Well, they might not like your choice, but they will accept it. Specially if the guy is nice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well your happiness is most important
    You can't do what others want you to do if it's not going to make you happy
    We're talking about marriage here
    If your family really loves you, they'll respect the decision of who you want to marry

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• What's the problem with white guys? I mean their not bad, at least in theory. Anyways YOLO you gotta do this gradually you're gonna tell them how you feel, you're gonna say something like: "Listen I know you want me to only date white guys but I can't force myself to be attracted to someone I don't like so I'm sorry I'm gonna date whomever I want and if you love me you'll understand." OR something to that effect. You can't live a happy life if your living your life for someone else, in this case your family..

What is about black guys anyways?

0|0
    0|0
  • Are they against anyone who isn't Caucasian? Or just darker skinned?

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait, you'll get a better person. There's no hurry, you have millions of choices

0|0
    0|0
  • Explain them calmy and slowly. I'm sure they love you too and they'll understand you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put your own happiness first

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey, you ain't my problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • "There's only two races... saved, and unsaved" - Rick Wiles from TruNews.
    You should date/marry any guy you choose. YOU are the one who will have to LIVE with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show them pictures of white guys with other races of women so they'll see it's not just you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them all white men have yellow fever. All. We love the beauty, the ambition and the intelligence of Asian girls. Tell them we think white girls are garbage, future land whales if not already are, they have no value in life and only know how complain about white men, so we go full into Asian girls without considering the "white girl" option anymore. 90% of us think this way indeed.

Your parents will understand. Hurry up.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes