My family would like me to date/marry within my race but I was never in my life attracted to white men. How to deal with this situation?

Its hard because I really love my family and I want them to be happy but I never found white men even slightly attractive so I think my life with one would be a living hell for me so even though I want my family to he happy I want me to be happy too
How can I deal with this situation?

29

Most Helpful Guy

• In an ideal world, it would be fine. But since we aren't in ideal world, you will have to work hard. Like first start complimenting a guy from a race you do find attractive, in front of your mom. Then like that you need to qork slowly and let her know you are nkt attracted to white men.

If the guy is respectable, then race would become secondary. It is a long shot, but that is your option.

• Thanks! I might try. My parents know that I prefer other races but they would still like for me to eventually marry a white guy.

• Well, they might not like your choice, but they will accept it. Specially if the guy is nice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well your happiness is most important
    You can't do what others want you to do if it's not going to make you happy
    We're talking about marriage here
    If your family really loves you, they'll respect the decision of who you want to marry