Should I have asked this shy guy out after the first date?

Met a guy for drinks last week. I could sense this guy is shy and has been single for a long time after a divorce. Because I can be a bit reserved on a first date, I reached out, which I never do, after the first date and expressed how I enjoyed myself and inquired about his recent guy trip. Received no reply. Crickets. Some of my friends say I should have asked him out. I think my text showed interest. Thoughts?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• That's more than shy. You left the door open for further conversation, a shy guy would still spill his guts in text form, as a shy guy myself. Either he somehow missed the text or saw it but was otherwise occupied and forgot he received it, or he dodged you on purpose (no offense of course). You could try asking him out if you liked him enough for that next date in, but be prepared for the chance he might not be interested. Or or, maybe his service cut off somehow?

• Thanks. Yes, the ball is in his court. Was expecting a response for Christ sakes-positive/negative. My friends were shocked he did not reply.

• I agree, pretty striking to not respond to a willing woman. Again though, could be a missed/forgotten message. It's happened to me before and caused some problems for me. If you can find it in yourself to give him a second message, I'd suggest it. Maybe not asking him out, but maybe one more friendly-conversation-style message

• Yes, I was interested but not sure I can send out another text? The reality may be (for whatever reason) he’s not interested. I found it strange that he complained how long he has been single after his divorce and here he has a smart, attractive woman reaching out to him-and he does nothing. Oh well...