Serious help please?

I met this guy and we hit it off great. He's very attentive, very consistent, funny, and everything I would hope for BUT has not been honest about a past relationship? He says that it wasn't that long but according to her FB it seemed to be longer than he claimed. Why didn't he tell me? Why was he dishonest? Is this a deal breaker? Help?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems to me like the your trying to destroy things before they even begin. At the begining of a relationship people generally dont go into details about things, you save that until a person earns that right to know all of those things.
    So you really like this guy but you are fact checking what he says, and are already convinced he's being dishonest... Maybe it might help aliviate your anxiety about this work with a proffesional because I get the sense you have some relationship trauma in your past when it comes to trust and what you can reasonably expect from others.
    After a relationship destroyed my ability to trust, it really helped me stop ruining a relationship before they even began.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes we measure time differently, for example some think a year is a long time and for others not. If it was me, I wouldn't care about it unless he started dating me at the same time

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• As long as it didn't extend into the time when you met him then I don't see the harm. Maybe after the break she was posting past stuff to try to get him to hurt more and return to her. In any case, if he says its the past, give him a chance. But that "we're just friends" stuff is bull if they're ever flirty together from now on

0|0
    0|0
  • weeeeell... the subjective concept of time passing is individual. everyone has their own meaning for the "a long time ago". you shouldn't be digging through stranger's FB tho, and should start to chill more about it. does it make a diference if he thought it wasn't that long ago? that being said, try to enjoy the relationship you're in.

0|0
    0|0
  • in my eyes he lied to you about something, that brings up the question what else has he lied to you about

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm going to guess he just didn't want you to worry about it or the wound is still fresh for him. Either way I wouldn't worry about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • He doesn’t want you to worry about it, it’s understandable

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes