Second date help pls?

Ok so, i am I'm high school in Australia, and there is this one really beautiful girl that i like. We talk every night and often slide in sly complements to each other,
Anyway, we were talking about our part time jobs, and she said she worked at a bowling alley so I challenged her to a game of bowling and she accepted and it was sort of like a date but not really, anyway we played bowling and then eat sushi at the beach and it was great.
Now we are going to see a movie together, and this will be our "second date" yet i wouldn't call us dating and, i want to be in a proper relationship with her and even though I've never actually asked anything like "will you go on a date with me?" It could still be a "just freinds" thing, even though I'm pretty confident she likes me.

Any way i guess what i am trying to ask is how do it go from where i am now (half) dateing)) to being in a proper relationship with her? How do it set it up? i don't think i can just say "will you be my girlfriend?"

Maybe I'm wrong though, help me pls females of males who have been a position simalar to me.

11