Am I needy or does he really treat me like an option?

We met a month ago and we both felt strong attraction from the very beginning. After second date I noticed that he's becoming a bit distant (allegedly because of the stress at work) and when he didn't contact me for few days, I confronted him (it looked like ghosting) and asked him what's going on. He said that I'm overreacting, that everything is ok. Later we discussed this and he said that he felt smothered. Two weeks later he started to call me again, saying that he wants to hear me and meet me. We met on Thursday, he invited me for a fancy dinner, was saying sweet things like he missed me and that he loves to be with me. As a matter of red flag, I noticed that he's nervously checking his mobile phone and when I was leaving, he was immediately online on whatsup. Now he's spending time with his son (he's divorced) and doesn't text me at all, even though I see him online. I don't expect him. I know I'm a bit insecure person, I was cheated on in the past and taken for granted. I feel that falling for him, but I'm scared that history will repeat itself.
Would you consider all these things like warning signs or is it normal to be inconsistent in texting and setting dates when were out together only 3 times?

01