How to develop a long distance relationship when you just met him?

I met a lovely guy at a wedding last week - he was visiting from abroad. We ended up making out intensely and spending the entire evening together (no sex) - it was the best feeling ever and I haven’t stopped thinking about him since.

He flew back to his home country the day after. I got his number from my friend who was the bride and we have been exchanging texts. Problem is that not only does he live in another country, he is also in the military, so it is hard to stay in contact consistently.

He told me he had a really nice evening with me and he wants to see me again because at first I assumed I wouldn’t see him again because of the distance. He said he’s attracted to me and is happy I got his number.

How can I get to know him and develop it into a long distance relationship when contact is very slow and I just met him? I really like this guy, but I feel the success rate is close to zero because of him being in the military and in another country. Any hope? What can I do? There is a spark between us.

12