Women and men valueing themselves? Is that out of style?

At a family thing last night and all throughout the night they kept asking me questions about my personal life. And not in a nice way. They intentionally wanted to make me uncomfortable. I haven’t had a serious boyfriend but I have been involved with someone for years that they don’t know about. I keep my personal life very private. I felt like they could have asked through text but I do feel like they wanted to make me uncomfortable. Is it that wrong that I’m 21 no serious boyfriend and I don’t drink or sleep around? Like I feel like valuing yourself and being patient with who you date is viewed as disgusting. Like is there something wrong with me for being this way? I don’t understand why I was being judged so harshly?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You have odd values in your family, it seems

0|0
    0|0
    • They are classless. They also don’t know anything about me. I’m private. But I will say if they were genuine I would have felt more comfortable giving them honest answers.

• Your experience with your family has the unfortunate air of familiarity.
      I suggest you live your life to your values, first and foremost, and consider how much exposure you allow to others.

• Yeah, I’m picky. Sorry. Lol.

• What kinda questions?

0|0
    0|0
    • They in a way shamed me for being single and not whoring around. They were very catty towards me. I’m not a sloppy girl and my body count doesn’t exceed one so apparently I’m a loser. Lol.

• They also kept pressuring me to drink

• Sorry but they r not well mannered. Can i ask who were they exactly?

• Don't even question yourself. You are definitely not doing anything wrong. Their way of thinking is definitely not in the same caliber as yours. Shrug it off. It's not worth getting upset about and they're not worth your time or even an answer.

0|0
    0|0
    • They tried to make me feel less than or like I’m a loser for being this way. I’m a beautiful girl, I’m just not a merrigoround for men.

• Just avoid them.

Recommended myTakes