How do I impress a date on the first date?

Just looking for tips from anyone to share.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Never try to impress people in the first place, you shouldn't need to do that with anyone, if you have to, that person is the problem in the first place, attitude problems stamped in the forehead on the other one, that person should impress you than that they doesn't have that shitty attitude.

Don't try to be someone you aren't, don't give gifts (are you gonna buy the person in some way), don't put that person on a pedestal, never aspect to pay for her, don't try to be funny if you don't do that shit normally, be honest, low effort with high energy works best, ask questions and follow up questions on the answers especially more personal ones on those answers she gives, answer her questions and let her continue to ask and you answer for a while before shifting focus, the more personal it gets with the questions the better deep connecting you both gonna get if it flow both ways, own the silence dont feel it's awkward, if you feel it's awkward she is probably gonna feel the same after a moment, don't be afraid of physically contact like holding hands have your hand on her arm shoulder back but take it away before she takes it away when you notice she is going to, eye contact, don't be afraid of having it, think of something nice when you doing it, like she is in to you, you like her, she is cute/adorable, don't think or feel it's awkward or creepy when you look in to her eyes.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Basically, a nice restaurant, fancy car, nice suit doesn't mean shit for me. Sure its nice, but its just the cherry on top of the cake. The icing and the actual cake is the conversation and the attraction. Being able to completely avoid small talk is best, you need to ask about her, get to know her, not details about her life, but really try and get to know what kind of person she is. If you get her to talk about something she cares about you've hit the jackpot.
    Then if you do fuck her after, you gotta be good at that too.

0|5
    0|2
    • You're my kind of girl. Out of all the first dates described here I wanna be on this one. This one is real AF

• Also, I feel like I need to clear this part up, I know the expression is "Icing on the cake" but the icing is my favourite part, whereas I don't care much for the cherry.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Listen to her when she talks.
    Keep your phone off the table.
    Use your manners.
    Great dates do not need to be expensive.

7|4
    0|0
  • I always dress professionally for a first date. Usually that just means a tie, but in some parts of the country, a jacket too.

If it is within driving distance of my home, I pull up in my $95,000 car, or sometimes we meet at the airport where my $250,000 plane is parked.

And of course, I don't let her pay for anything.

0|2
    0|0
    • What if im only poor guy who is just soon going to high school?

• Show All
    • Thanks master Walter!!!

• @maukkis
      "What if im only poor guy who is just soon going to high school? "
      The good news is that high school means nothing. Well, you can screw up your life in high school, but if you don't, it means nothing.

• Keep it simple on a first date. That doesn't mean treat her like as if she's one of your other side hoes. Of course be nice and gentlemen. Show how much you are into her. Bring flowers. Make sure you are the one that drives and ofc have money on you cause u better pay for dinner. Take her to a nice dinner date and have a nice talk and be funny cause girls love humor but not in a bad way just say funny stories about yourself. Dont tell her everything and dont hide things because when you hide things she gets more interested in knowing them and that's what would hook her up to you. After having a nice dinner, grab icecream or something small and take her into a place that has a nice view or something like that like mountains lakes or anything of that sort. See how she feels after you take her back home and tell her I hope you had fun tn and give her a hug. Dont reach for a kiss if you think she won't be comfortable with it just yet like it's just the feeling you get from her should tell you. But make sure u give her a tight hug and smile and look into her eyes cause she will love that. Gl

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't try and impress. If you do, then you show that you care more about their opinion of you than you do about yourself. Just go in with the mindset of having a good time and wanting to get to know them.

0|2
    0|0
  • You don't try impress them cause in doing so you subconsciously tell them you don't think you're good enough for them so have to put on an act. Girls are used to guys putting on an act trying to impress them so be being cool and authentic you'll stand out and she'll realise you are the real deal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Be your best self, take the pressure out of the situation and don't try hard, if you give everything up on the first date you'll have nothing left to offer on the second.
    If you are enjoying yourself the people around you will enjoy being with you, if that doesn't happen realise maybe you're just not a match and move on.

Good luck

0|1
    0|0
  • Every one in the comments is telling u to be yourself... i say fuck it and be who ever u wanna be just think of yourself as of a young confident and handsome man that enjoy hanging around with that girl... just don't push too much... only a little bit otherwise you'll get stuck at friendzone I don't know if it will work with u but it sure works with me so good luck ;)

0|2
    0|0
  • By not trying to impress - just look to get to know her instead and figure out whether YOU like her. That way you'll show genuine interest in what she says and you'll be more real, as opposed to trying to do everything perfectly to try to win her over which can come across as try-hard and fake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't just be yourself but be your best self. Don't try too hard though. Just be the best version of you, not a cranky or bad version of you.

2|3
    0|0
  • They must KNOW you are interested in THEM = the goal for your investment in that evening is to insure they have fun and you both share some history = finding something in common that suggest more face time

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely anything that will speed her heart. Like amusement park or horror movie or anything at all to speed her heart. Trust me. Even if when you meet, jump out and scare her. It's all about speeding up that little old heartbeat of hers

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't try to. I know this gonna sound generic, but just relax, and be the highest version of yourself. Think how he walks, talks, eats, breathes, blinks, laughs, everything. Now act as if you are already "him".

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't try to impress because that's false persona...
    If you fake it or try to impress what about next time then? Will you also be impressing? Or only the first time?

If you impress now then you need to keep that persona up till you break up or until one of you both die lol

Just act the way you normally act, behave, converse, joke and other behaviors...

Also if you have to impress females on a first date then maybe you need to reevaluate who you are, and what you're about, because obviously you feel that you are not worthy of your own personality, character to provide a female with enjoyment and interest

2|4
    0|0
    • I think he's just asking how to get off on the right foot, not trying to inherently change himself.

• Someone shouldn't have to ask for tips, they should just enjoy their time with the other

• People have their reasons to ask lol. A lot of guys just feel unsure on what to do around a girl, so I think this is a good place for him to ask anyhow lol.

• Be punctual, polite, dress well, listen when they speak, and just have fun and let it go from there.

1|3
    0|0
  • Be respectful, attentive, and most importantly let your personality shine!

1|2
    0|0
  • Give her a kiss on her hand , use your charm, make her laugh, give her flowers, play her a song on a guitar, have confidence in yourself

1|2
    1|1
    • Not everyone can play guitar lol. And you don't think some of the things here are a little forward or too much for a first date?

• Same I just need to be about being kind but not too formal but if that you ideal first date but most like simple comment, fun crazy night

• The guitar part was too specific, but her advice is good. Seeming charming and confident is great, as most women want a dominant guy, who seems in control. Make her think everything is going according to your plan and show off your skills and charisma, it will go a very long ways.

• Be respectful, but mainly, be confident and dominant. I'm still learning dominance myself as it's not something I naturally possess, but a majority of women want a man to make them submit, not by force and cruelty, but through love and power. Do things like asking her what she wants while waiting for your orders to be taken, then ordering for her. Get the door for her, then slap her ass as she walks by, show her that you are in charge and that you have a plan. She will most likely love to feel like you are taking control, and it will likely get you not only laid, but she will probably be eager to suck your dick, having spent the whole night getting further and further turned on by how powerful you seem.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you should worry less about being temporarily impressive and try applying your personal strengths. Nothing is more attractive and impressive than someone that's driven to be the best self they can be

0|1
    0|0
  • Brit Brat was spitting real knowledge. More so since she speaks from the opposite side of the gender spectrum. Allow me to add a single caveat to her response. When you are doing the things BritBrat has mentioned, punctuality, clean cut, refraining from talking about your ex unless it relates to her ultimate uselessness or complete buzzkill, SMELLING GOOD, and chivalry, >>>pay CLOSE attention to the things she says to you ok? Why, simple. During 1st dates it can become very unsettling or nerve racking which can sometimes cause what once was a two way road convo into a one way convo. A great tip is to reiterate her question to show her the effort you take when considering anything that comes out of her mouth. It also will help you be thorough in your reply everytime. Don't repeat what she says like a parrot cuz that isn't a good look. Reiterate her question by kinda "thinking out loud".. hope that makes sense 🤸✌️🤸

1|1
    0|0
  • If it's a girl, be respectful. That's half the battle

1|1
    0|0
  • You tube "alpha m" then watch all his videos and take notes. Then Google "traights of a gentleman" and take notes... all round, be a gentleman, sexual, an alpha male while being humble cheeky and funny... the girls on hear may have a different opinion but it works for me. hold the door open for them then tie them to the bed... in a consenting way, you probably won't like prison

0|0
    0|0
  • Be open and be yourself. Be attentive. And pay attention to details. I was with a woman for 16 years. Now we are split for 12 more. But I can tell you the clothes she wore. How her hair was done what color her nails were. Even the high heels she had on. Mainly because I had to carry her over a large puddle. But remembering these things made her even more affectionate. I miss her

0|0
    0|0
  • That is simple. Treat her the way your mother has trained you for 18 years. Were you listening to your mother or did you tune her out?

1|2
    0|0
  • Never impress. Never try to impress someone, be yourself and if you want talk about achievements becausr those subjects interest you rather than doing it to impress the other person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do something unexpected... dont go overboard, but try to catch her off guard (in the best way possible)!

1|1
    0|0
  • I think being relaxed and having fun together will impress her enough.

0|2
    0|0
  • Go and pour your heart in front of her.. Tell her what you like most in her and tell that what annoys you and tell that the thing makes her more cute

0|1
    0|0
  • Show up wearing a strap on. When you drop trow she'll briefly think you've got two cocks and fuck you instantly

0|1
    1|0
  • Bring a small gift for the girl like a chocolate or anything small n make sure u are caring

0|2
    0|0
  • Listen to her, pay for the date, make her laugh, and keep your phone in your pocket.

0|1
    0|0
    • Talk about things you like doing. Ask what she likes. Right Then and there you can tell if you will hit it off or not. Having things in common with people is a start.

• I can't speak for all girls but... you don't have to make some grand flashy thing. It's more impressive when a guy actually pays attention and asks real question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl man. What could impress one could be too much for another. Get to know the girl and you should have a good idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • From what i seen, think more about how to make her comfortable, and less on how to get her on your dick. Be relaxed, polite, and just add a dash of edgyness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be legitimate. Don't pussy foot around anything. Be honest. Don't back down from your beliefs either. Actually Inquire about their beliefs and life.

0|0
    0|0
  • give her anything ( flower ,, watch... etc) as a present

0|1
    0|1
  • Only one way don't try to impress take it professionally

0|1
    0|0
  • Ask what they drink in the morning after breakfast.

0|1
    1|0
  • Just be polite and your best sense of humor. Girls like funny and nice.
    And brush your teeth.
    :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Checkout what the person doesn't like and how u have a reason to make the person believe that it is all illusion

0|0
    0|0
  • Be polite if you've been to a restaurant
    Think and talk
    Get to know her tastes
    Dress well

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself. Feel comfortable inside your skin, she's not a god you are going to deal with , nither a customer whom you are selling something. Don't put her on pedestal, be nice the way naturally you are , dont do anything else whats not natural to u.

Never go empty hand to meet her. Never means never! If u can't afford anything just get a flower , that will do, but never go empty-handed to her, and yes a light , cheerful talks is a surest way to go, but don't try to impress her, and listen her what she says carefully , say yes only when u mean it. Dont just keep shaking head in a yes or no. Any way , wish u best and long lasting relationship :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Make sure to be nice and kind, but do show your true side. Do not lie or hide things about yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smell good, be polite, be joking but not over doing it

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you are asking this your are already fucked!

0|0
    0|1
  • Just be yourself. If you go in trying to impress then that will be expected.

0|0
    0|0
  • just be yourself

0|2
    0|0
    • What a shit advice.

• Show All
    • There is a reason why girls, through the ages, say “be yourself” so often... that is what guys should be interested in, why is it such a timeless and universal? How do people behave, when they want to impress someone, but they aren’t behaving in a way that is natural?
      Guys should be able to understand this... they know how it looks and feels when one of their friends isn’t acting authentic and genuine for the sake of trying to impress other boys right? You can spot it so easily... they behave like they are trying too hard, at acting like someone they aren’t, for example someone trying to get “street cred” when they don’t have any.
      That is what girls are experiencing with many dates, they are picking up on the same type of behavior, and to them, it is a barrier, that is in the way of having a meaningful connection

• @sikkboy yeah I know right? Cause if being himself was working already he wouldn't need to ask this question!

• lick her ear

0|0
    1|2
  • You don't impress u just be yourself

0|1
    0|3
    • Most people don't understand the meaning of being yourself.

• It ok to give her gifts and etc but just be yourself like be how u want to be and not anyone else...
      I don't really know how to explain it

• look well put together and be very kind

1|1
    0|0
  • Just be honest. Be yourself.

1|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes