If a guy doesn’t have recent pics on Instagram? Should I be cautious?

This guy I work with asked for my IG page but made up an excuse (or so I think) as to why he couldn’t request me right away. Then a few days later he requestes me and I follow him back. Then I see he doesn’t have any pictures since January of this year but was active before. Should i be suspicious? Maybe he has a girlfriend? Seems like he could have used those few days to take pics out? I don’t know maybe I’m paranoid.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen guys who are at the Alpha male status don't spend a lot of time on social media unless necessary. Mainly because their too busy being badass, focusing on self improvement or attaining wealth and power. Plus some men in this world may be introverts, not the shy nice guys you run away from, just the "I like to spend time alone to reflect and recharge my social battery" types.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• if you ask me, it's a good sign he doesn't frequently post pictures. it means he's not addicted to social media nor does he need validation from others, also that he has other priorities and confidence. i bet you wouldn't like him to be some Instagram celebrity either 😊

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 67

• If you went on my IG, you would see that I post a pic only when I feel something I am doing is truly unique by anyone’s standard, like traveling... so a few times a year, and I don’t take selfies often... so not sure if I am someone to “worry” about

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely paranoid. Most guys don't care at all about social media, not like girls seem to, and also we don't care to take pictures either. I know I personally hate ALL pictures of myself and take very few of them in general, never mind any I think are actually good enough that I'd bother to post online. So yeah, means nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No like many boys in this world are like this they dont want to update pic and stuffs in social network all the time! M also in one of them!

Its bttr if you like him u can ask directly! Or DM on insta!

0|1
    0|0
  • I have an IG but I don't have a single image on my account. I've been planning to upload my art, but have been far to lazy to do so.
    I wouldn't think much of it. He most likely just doesn't take that many pics.

0|1
    0|0
  • If a guy has Instagram and it's well maintained and updated etc then he's probably gay. The only reason a guy needs an Instagram is because for some reason girls put up sluttier photos on Instagram than they do on Facebook

0|2
    0|0
  • I wouldn't worry. Not everyone likes social media and not everyone is into posting photos of themselves online. Some people just don't like photos at all.

0|3
    0|0
  • I personally have no photo s of me, perhaps they don t care for their own experience. Yes it does make it harder to verify they are who they claim to be so be aware, yet it isn t necessarily a red flah either. If there are photo s that aren t recent and they have tags or other people in them, it s generally a good sign especially if said people liked the photo, it adds authenticity. I wouldn t be overtly concerned but I wouldn t be blatantly naïve either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know where the suspicion come into play, it just seems like he doesn't use Instagram. Social media isn't the be all end all of life, I wish that people would stop using it so much., People need to reconnect with real recreation

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. Like me, he may not be the type who posts pics or even takes them. My friends take the pics, but I don't upload them on my IG or FB accounts. However, I don't take it seriously, so that's that...

0|0
    0|0
  • You've become a sheep to social media. You should be seeing the fact that he has less pictures as a good thing, he's not absorbed by it like you.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, some people just don’t care about Instagram but use it because everyone else insists on using it to communicate. How would not posting anything since January lead you to believe he has a girlfriend?

0|0
    0|0
  • My most recent post is from January lol, I just dont like to post a lot, I'm not a beautiful girl that people want to stare at all day

0|0
    0|0
  • My most recent post was in like 2016 when I got my car. Doesn't really mean anything. But your suspicions are possible

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh it's kind of a weird thing like I don't post much on my ig I mainly watch videos, but I would say be careful and don't get too deep with him until you see full red flags. What's in the darkness comes to the light

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say so. A lot of guys don't post pictures of themselves on facebook, let alone Instagram. If anything, there might have been a recent relationship that didn't work out and didn't want you to worry about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't posted in month because i just don't take many pictures of myself. No need to be suspicious

0|1
    0|0
  • People who are smart do not use social media. Most people are not smart.

0|2
    2|0
  • I personally dont upload for months sometimes cause im actually living life and not everyone needs to know what im doing cause those are my moments. So maybe he is cautious too. And was thinking if you guys adding each other could ruin a friendship. It be interesting to hear what his excuse was to make a better assessment of his actions. Social media like anything can be takin out of context if one doesn't know the full story its easy to assume things that fit a story cause of our past experiences. Thats why open communication is ley to not just friendships but relationships.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe he is isn't about social media. I have a facebook i never use, and i only post new art for the most part on my ig. Social media is a crutch anyway. You should just talk to him directy.

0|0
    0|0
  • No he is probably deleting some stupid pics so he doesn't look bad or he just don't care about bullshit like Instagram 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 26

• I don't know in this day and era people are all so shady half the time. Either be cautious or just live the moment till you find out neither of those are wrong...

I have a friend and he has been with his chick 7 years yet he posts nothing on fb never tags her on anything, his Facebook says single, he flirts and gets at other females, yet he stays with her.

Not just males but females be shady also
    That's a hard one just go with ur intuition and gut feeling

0|2
    0|0
  • My ex was the same way. I dont think it means anything super suspicious but if it helps my ex was an absolute dick who cheated on me and broke it off on my birthday. He even refused to post our prom pics while we were dating i had no idea why. I think he only had an insta to jack off to bikini pics of girls in his school without them knowing.

0|0
    0|0
    • When i told him i was bisexual he pulled up a pic off his friend's insta that he screenshoted of her in a bikini and asked if i would be down for a threesome.

• Not really. Maybe he just doesn't care too much about social media or has lost interest in it. I've noticed a lot of guys seem to be that way and personally I've lost interest in quite a few social media platforms including instagram.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's not that deep girl, i think you're looking a bit too munch into it. A lot guys really don't care to update their profiles a lot.. they just put up a couple of pictures and that's it.

0|2
    0|0
    • Even I don't upload pictures to my facebook anymore.. i only have a couple pic on there.

• Maybe he doesn't go on social media that much
    I know guys that have instagram and facebook but hardly post anything
    Dont sweat it

0|3
    0|0
  • Well for the fact that he was the one to ask you whether you use ig, and was also the one who "couldn't request you right away" that's definitely a red flag. I mean I've read the comments and people that are saying they don't like to take pictures and such. Yeah I get that, but well to mention again HE WAS THE ONE WHO ASKED YOU FOR YOUR IG... Hahaha so well...

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s just social media?
    Sometimes I couldn’t be bothered with it and couldn’t care less to post things. Got to the point where I just deleted Instagram.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be cautious, but not over think it. A lot of people don't post a lot but if he was active before January and then nothing it is a little weird. Check his tagged photos and things like that before progressing whatever relationship you have, whether it be platonic or romantic :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Not everyone post their whole on Social Media. I'm on IG and don't have anything current, it's been over a year. Hell FB is always suggesting I put a new pic up...

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope.. I know a lot of people who don't post much. I myself even stopped posting in IG at one point but not because I'm hiding something. I just don't feel like posting. or maybe he's not into IG that much.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well he's a grown man that may not be all into it like that... I don't post much on any social media other than this one lol gag

0|2
    0|0
  • Sorry but what does uploading pictures on instagram have to do with whether you should be cautious? And taking pics out? Yes, you are paranoid.

0|2
    0|0
  • I do take breaks in posting on social media as well. Guess there's nth much to post on social media, even though I had seen sth new/interesting/amusing.

0|0
    0|0
  • No like half the guys I know haven’t posted since January too

0|2
    0|0
  • I take long breaks like that too. Doesn't mean I have a boyfriend, it just means, I don't feel like it, it bored me or I got sick of instagram.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't keep my up to date, guys think the same of me. They ask why my stuff aren't recent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys generally don’t post as many pictures as girl. I wouldn’t think too much into it.

0|1
    0|0
  • He might simply not have much time to be on Instagram.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be careful for safety just in case. But it also depends how long ago the picture was and if he’s just not really into social media.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes just to be sure there's nothing wrong with that

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes