I'm a hopeless romantic. Emphasis on hopeless. Can somebody help?

Buckle up for this emotional rollercoaster everyone. I've been dating someone for 4 months, everything had been great, but these past three weeks have been rough... I feel like I'm not doing something right, I try to be romantic and positive, but I feel like a deluge of problems have been flying at me. My boyfriend has been less romantic lately, and doesn't get back to my texts (I don't really text him that much to begin with, I'm not clingy) until way later. That, and he never starts conversations anymore or attempts to be very romantic. I know he's stressed by academics, but so is the rest of the student population. I have way more stressors in my life, and I manage to stay positive, not that it's a contest, but I cope. I just don't understand what's happening. We both seemed so close but now I feel like I'm the only one making an effort. My best friend says to not text him until he texts me but it's just not in my nature, I've tried that, all it did was made me miserable and it didn't work. What should I do?

01

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal. It's called getting over the honeymoon period. It goes into a period like this. It happens with every relationship you have. 3-4 weeks sounds about right. It's because you got so romantic and positive in the beginning that it doesn't last long. It looks like it ended for him but not for you.

After several partners, you'll still get it, but you keep it light and positive, so the honeymoon period stays longer.

You'll get used to it with experience... this period after the honey money period... the harder to try, the more it looks like there are problems... makes you "clingy" in away.

Be cool, you'll get over this naturally.