How can I bring up the conversation about moving in together again?

When me and my boyfriend first started dating he mentioned that we should move in together. I thought it was really soon but i was so down for it but it never happened. Well we are about 6 months into the relationship now and the past couple weeks we have been talking about our future a lot and he mentioned a few times me moving in with him again. Then the other day i asked him what he was thinking and he said about us living together but i was half asleep so i didn't ask about it much after that. The past couple days though some things have been happening where i was going through a lot and we got in a little fight about it. Then later i mentioned something that i didn't realize until after that it sounded like it was about an old friend that he doesn't like of mine even though jt wasn't and he got very distant again. but then i started being super lovey dovey and i dont know why but im scared that im being clingy so it wouldn't be a good idea to bring up me moving in his house again. Should i just wait until he brings it up again or is there a casual way to bring it up without sounding clingy?

11