Men pay or split the bill when dating?

Why do so many woman still think that men should pay for a date? In a world where men are no longer the person who earns all the money and woman are no longer kept housewives reliant on a man for money, security and prosperity, it's sexist to expect men to pay for women's time as if their time is worth more than the man's. What ever happened to equality?
  • Yes men should pay
  • Woman should pay
  • Should split the bill equally
    Vote C

47

Most Helpful Girl

• It used to be the man who would earn significantly more money than the woman (but it's no longer an insurmountable chasm) so being the one with the vast majority of resources, he was expected to pay. This was way before women earned as much money or were even allowed to work. Some chivalry rules demanded that a man should offer to pay for the woman, too.
    Women have more disposable income now, so with that comes that expectation of making an equal contribution. Honestly, none of my friends who are in relationships let their significant others pay the bill. They always split it, as it should be. It's probably a generational/cultural gap.

Most Helpful Guy

• Who ever asked gets to pay... me.
    Pay for your own shit, i only asked you out to get to know you not feed you.
    Now take look at this, now i gotta pay for us to go bowling for example. Shouldn't cost to get fo know a person.

1/2 and 1/2 is alright i guess.