Men pay or split the bill when dating?

Why do so many woman still think that men should pay for a date? In a world where men are no longer the person who earns all the money and woman are no longer kept housewives reliant on a man for money, security and prosperity, it's sexist to expect men to pay for women's time as if their time is worth more than the man's. What ever happened to equality?
  • Yes men should pay
    Vote A
  • Woman should pay
    Vote B
  • Should split the bill equally
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It used to be the man who would earn significantly more money than the woman (but it's no longer an insurmountable chasm) so being the one with the vast majority of resources, he was expected to pay. This was way before women earned as much money or were even allowed to work. Some chivalry rules demanded that a man should offer to pay for the woman, too.
    Women have more disposable income now, so with that comes that expectation of making an equal contribution. Honestly, none of my friends who are in relationships let their significant others pay the bill. They always split it, as it should be. It's probably a generational/cultural gap.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Who ever asked gets to pay... me.
    Pay for your own shit, i only asked you out to get to know you not feed you.
    Now take look at this, now i gotta pay for us to go bowling for example. Shouldn't cost to get fo know a person.

1/2 and 1/2 is alright i guess.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Each couple should have this chat before they go on a date. If I can afford it, I always offer to pay. If not I ask to reschedule and they'll either say they'll pay or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a man if you don't pay it's usually taken as an insult that you didn't care enough about her. It's kinda a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the 'traditional' view point of the man in question. Depends on financial stability of the woman. To be fair, the first one or two dates for me the bill is always split. I don't like the idea of a guy feeling like I 'owed' him something for getting my drink (especially if I didn't order it). If there's going to be a relationship after that then a system needs to be in place. Last boyfriend and I worked it out where I paid for drinks and he paid for dinner. It made him feel good 'taking me out', but I liked keeping the cost fairly even in the relationship long haul.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a big believer in "you want it you pay for it". I get so pissed when I hear girls whinging about the guy not paying for the 9th or 10th date like it's owed to them. It's like "You're a big girl, act like it!"

But then on the flip side, and this is normally for those who've actually gotten to know each other a bit before dating, it's incredibly meaningful to a girl if the guy *wants* to pay for the meal/outing. Not to mention if he does he's showing he cares about her enough for it to cost him.

But this has been lost to time because people don't get to know each other first. If a guy barely knows this chick, isn't particularly attached but is just thirsty, of course he's going to be pissed if he always has to pay, the care and connection isn't there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is ok to split the bill because of feminism. Same duties and rights for everyone

0|0
    0|1
  • I am traditional and therefore always pay the bills.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's better if you want it to go beyond, you both have to spend together.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no "should" about it. It's up to the couple.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can go dutch or take turns.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes