Am I friendzoned?

So there is a guy (19) that I (17) met trough a mutual friend who linked us two because we are both single and we get along well. We can talk about everything and anything for hours. But I'm affraid that he friendzoned me. So last night we talked about questions men have for woman. It was between 1 and 2 am and he asked me if a woman expects a guy to pay on (first) dates. He told me that one time that he offered to pay for a girl on a date but that the girl wanted to pay her own half. He asked me if he was an asshole and what he sould do next. We were talking about dating in general and guys and dating and i told him about what i liked for a (first) date. I told him that going to the movies is always a nice start or like going to the park. He said: 'I think that most people choose to go to the movies, and then you could cassually put your arm around your date. Not in a cheesy way, just zero fs giving (if she's okay with that).' I told him about a movie I wanted to see and he told me that he wasn't interested in that movie.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I suspect he just didn't get the hint. Did you remember to change your tone enough for him to realize this was you flirting?
    Us boys tend to be rather slow sometimes.

Anyhow, this is too vague to be called friendzoned. Friendzone is more when you make an advance and they tell you straight up that you are just their friend.

• It was via text.

• Hmm. I mean it is 50/50 in that case. I think at this point you can just put the cards out there and ask him if he was planning to take you on a first date or not.
      Still though. Never underestimate how oblivious men can be in dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hard to say if its a friendzone. You have to pay more attention how he acts around you.