What are your opinions on dating a single mother?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to say this, but single mothers have a disadvantage. Us guys don't want to date/marry a woman who has kids. Maybe if I were 45 and single, I'd consider, but if you're 28, it would be hard to find any guy who would want to who isn't 35 or older. Maybe more!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 59

• Absolutely. Just make sure your dating profile doesn't sound like a want add for an ATM.

The ones that say your career is "stay at home mommy" is a run for cover red flag. I get that your child may need that at that point but never word it like that

I generally date the woman not the family. If I like her for her, then I consider how I would work with the child (children).

I do think an active exhusband/ father is a turn off. I am sorry but there will always be a history there.

1|0
    0|0
  • Once there was a time that I didn't care. Those thoughts have changed recently. You have to be more cautious with a single Mom generally. Also, you will never be the parent to the Kids. If the relationship ends, the kids are gone too, that can definitely hurt.

1|0
    0|0
  • I might f her, but I would never consider her for a relationship. Being a single mother is a consequence of being stupid. I don't have relationships with stupid women.

0|0
    0|1
    • How is being a single mother her fault? Not every situation is the same. Educate yourself, you fool.

• The only time it isn't her fault is if she is a widow. I am not including widows, since widows with minor children are very uncommon.

She chose to have sex.
      She chose to have sex without birth control.
      She chose to not have an abortion.
      She chose to not be married when she had sex or to get a divorce.

Every single mother, not a widow, is stupid.

• I do not regret my choice. I am far from stupid.

• Of course I would, I'm a single dad of a 17month old, think of it backwards would you date a single full time dad

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be entirely open to it depending on the relationship between the two and how she treats them, abuse and neglect is a large turn off and it would depend a lot on that as to if it's would be acceptable or not

1|0
    0|0
  • The dating will be different than that of a single woman. She will have a somewhat restrained schedule, and you have to be understanding that the child comes first in all situations.

1|0
    0|0
  • Better be a real good mother

We can actualy see in the kid if the mother is good

Have a polite, well mannered, respectful kid and I don't think men will mind as much

Good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as you don't expect me just to immediately step into the kids life like I'm obligated if we hit it off and it goes down to that point that I want to stay with you then sure but until that point I'm not gonna pretend to take the place of a father just to appease you I couldn't do that to a kid especially if they got attached and it didn't end up working out

0|0
    0|1
  • Doesn't make a difference to me but if she was a bad mum then that's a deal breaker

1|0
    0|0
  • I love children, and I want to be a dad, so as long as the kids like me, I would love to date a single woman with children

1|0
    0|0
  • For me who wants to have a family I would be totally fine with it. Depending on the kid of course if he is a little brat I might not enjoy it. I would also be interested in if she wants more children or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if i was at the right age and wanted to be a father i would be all for it

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as she's hot, we get along, she doesn't needlessly complicate my life, and she doesn't expect me to babysit or play some sort of paternal role, then sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think dating a single mother is pretty exciting and good because she can understand many of the obstacles and problems one must have to face in life

1|0
    0|0
  • I have and would again they are a only a person and we all hav baggage

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no problem with me dating a single mother.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't have a problem dating a single mother. I believe it takes a mature enough adult to deal with what comes with the territory.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be concerned about meeting the kids until we were certain that this is a serious relationship. Other than that, I am totally cool with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating single mothers I see no problem with it as long as the other guy in this relationship treats them kids with all due respect treat them like his own better off

0|0
    0|0
  • If I were single, I'd date a single mother. No question about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not my thing. I don't want kids, nor do I want to enter a long term relationship where kids are part of the equation.

0|0
    0|0
  • She done fucked up once already, she's not gonna drag me down too and Rob me legally with that bs child support money😒

0|0
    0|0
  • I would as long as she doesn't use her child as an excuse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a single father I have no issue with dating a single mother

1|0
    0|0
  • My opinion She is stronger than those pretty women and it depends on how you care for your child

1|0
    0|0
  • It's okay as long as she can manage her kid and the dating person.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind it at all. I don't see any issue with it at all. But some men may think that the mother will get back with the father.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could do it. Most of the women I've dated have actually been single mothers. I don't see why it's such a big deal really

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing really just I'm just not ready for a kids like. Would explain my side to her and upto her if she wants to continue

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd consider it but would prefer that her kids were older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes