At what age do you feel ready to settle down and want to date seriously that leads to marriage?

• 18-23
    Vote A
  • 24-27
    Vote B
  • 27-30
    Vote C
  • 30-35
    Vote D
  • 35 and over
    Vote E
  • Never
    Vote F
  • Depends on the person you date
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think mid twenties is the ideal age to start looking for a life partner... the ancient Greeks believed that in your teenage years you should look for sexual chemistry, extreme passionate love, while in adulthood you should fixate on a deep sentimental relationship akin to the closest friendship filled with love.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I felt always ready for that at a young age. I only dated people I thought could be a long-term relationship. While I never planned to marry at a super young age finding that one was a serious thing when I started dating.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I always felt like a relationship had to be serious and would eventually lead to marriage and kids. If it's not serious then I don't really understand the point of dating someone. In my mind, I want it to last forever. I know it doesn't always work that way, but that's what I want from a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    • Friends with benefits?

• @kitty71 I don't think I'd ever be able to do friends with benefits lol. I can maybe fantisize about it a bit but I catch feelings really easy and it would never work for me haha. Friends with benefits isn't exactly a relationship/dating anyway. If I'm in a relationship with someone then I can see myself marrying them and having a family one day.

• Never/depends on the person you date/it has nothing to do with physical age. Some people are as ready for that as they're ever going to be when they're sixteen, and other people are thirty and still aren't ready for it/don't know if they want it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really believe in marriage so I dunno if that means never, but I also think you should only be in a relationship with someone if it's going to be for the long haul

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever I find the right person. No set age. I've been open to it for a little bit now, but want to be emotional/financially secure and stable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always wanted it. Didn't want to have guy after guy but it didn't workout. They wasn't the one but I think I've finally found the guy I'm suppose to marry.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be ready to date seriously now if I had someone. Probably be ready for marriage in my mid-twenties.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. The world doesn't deserve my DNA and I don't wanna metaphorically drip a dab of bleach in the gene pool by having 50% of that DNA be a females' >.>

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter how early to me. I wanted to at 20 but my ex who was 7 years older wasn't ready to. As long as we love each other, the right time will come

0|0
    0|0
  • mid 20's to early 30's seems to be the age people are settling down and getting married.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two of my friends recently married each other. He's 19 and she's 18

0|0
    0|0
  • 28 years old. Until then im in lock up lol. I've already tightwned rhe chains. Back off homies

0|0
    0|0
  • I always try to date to marry, if its not going to work I break it off or become friends with benefits

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person. I'm 20 and ready to settle down but some people may not be ready until their 30s.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anytime I date, it's serious.

But as for settling down, I'm not sure. Maybe 28

0|0
    0|0
  • Took me that long to figure out who I was, let alone figure out another wants and needs

0|0
    0|0
  • Late twenties

0|0
    0|0
  • When i was 24, but it didn't end well...

0|0
    0|0
  • Not before 24 for sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to right now

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to marry

0|0
    0|0
  • Settle down... never.

0|0
    0|0
  • Q: Is 40+ too late for that?

0|0
    0|0
    • Possibly but I know a guy in his 44 who does not want to settle or married or date seriously that leads to married. He likes being completley single

• But really it's about the couple

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't matter to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I was 22 and he was 20 when we got married

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes