Casually dating a guy who leaves in 2 months, wants to date until then, I'm a virgin, what should I do?

Been seeing a guy for a month, brought up that I was a virgin last night, he was cool with it but he leaves in 2 months for a different state for a year for his job (he's been up front about that since we met). Said he wants to date until he leaves, whether that involves sex or just going out and going on dates because he enjoys spending time with me. But he's tried long distance before and 1) it didn't work and 2) it might be pointless doing long distance with someone when you're just getting to know them which I understand.

Either way it's going to suck, I just don't know what the best option would be. Option A, I could get sex out of the way with someone who's willing to teach me and make it a nice experience; B) continue to date him without having sex (intercourse) until he leaves but stick around for the intimacy and the other stuff; or C) I cut him off and end it.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Two very fundamental question: Do you love him? Does he loves you?

If yes, then Are both of you willing to wait for each other. A year may appear long, but will pass in the blink of an eye. (The catch: someone comes by and the promise to wait is destroyed.)

(I hate to see a good relationship broken just because of work. Hence I hope you can consider the above questions seriously.)

With regards to sex, no (other Opinions had given the reasons).

With regards to intimacy, reduce or remove it immediately (parting will cause you to missed that intimacy, which will tempt you or him to go for a quick relief)

Part and end it if there is love is not strong enough for both of you to wait for each other. (Where you both agrees that there will be someone whom you could love "just around the corner" after you parted.)

0|0
    0|0
    • No and no. It's only been a month and he does not want to do long distance but how we spend the next 2 months together before he leaves is entirely up to me I just don't know which option sucks less.

• No love? so no reason to be intimate.

I can almost be 100% sure that you'll be CRUSHED if you have sex with him.

And continued intimacy will only make YOU feel more attach to him and break off with more pain. So in my opinion, break off now, and as gentle as you both could.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't think you lose your viginity to someone you being seeing for a month after you had for so long right now.

Option B and C it depends on your emotions. You know he is leaving so you have a choice of having a good time with him but your feelings grow and it hurts you more later when he leaves or you cut your losses it hurts less but you might miss out on some wonderful memories or experiences. Its your choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I dont think anyone can make the decision for you to lose something so important. That has to be your best judgement. Weigh out the pros and cons and realize you have to be ok with the outcome of whatever decision you make. Thats the best advice I can give you. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • He's gone in two months. Definitely don't give him your virginity. You will regret it later. Wait for someone who will be with you longer, and will be able to give you better, longer memories not of just the first time, but of time following.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just need to do what makes you happy, never do something that makes you feel uncomfortable just to please him. Most men don't strive for sex in a relationship and a nice meal could mean the world to you and him. Live in the moment :)

0|0
    0|0
  • you shouldn't be looking for strangers on the internet to tell you if it feels right or not to lose your virginity, or if it feels right or not to break up with someone. its your decision to take. just take a deep breath and try to enjoy as much of this relationship as you want to. you feel like having sex? then do it. virginity means shit. if you dont, its ok too. even tho virginity means shit, doesn't mean that all sex is insent of being awful. and believe me, its going to feel awful if you dont want to have it, but is doing it cuz [insert random stupid reason here]. in the end, you need to decide whats best for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • B is out of the question in my veiw but its up to you two on that one so ether have some fun or just start fresh with someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • Virginity is a precious thing. You need to give it to someone who you truly love and want to make a life with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can be option A

0|0
    0|0
  • No sex until marriage

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes