Do I ask her out again?

A few months ago I met someone, it was a "eyes locked across the room" type deal, and we started dating. About a month of things going really well, I started getting 2nd thoughts.
My dad wasn't exactly very nice to my mother, so I have a few issues regarding relationships and how I don't want to turn into my father etc.
So I told her that I didn't think it was working.
I immediately knew this was a mistake, and tried to get her back the same day and explained to her all my issues. She said that she was willing to try again as long as we took things slow.
Me being me, decided that I had to be a model man now. So I tried to be on my best behaviour to make up for nearly fucking everything. However I took this a little to far and forgot that we where supposed to take things slow. 1 week later, she dumps me saying that she doesn't want a boyfriend at the moment. We argued, but got everything out and left it in a good place.
Fast forward to now, seeing her out we are friendly and have been also chatting over messages a little.
As we are both university students we have a pretty long summer.
Do I ask her out again after the summer break?

10