Been dating boyfriend for a year, all of sudden old crush comes back and now I’m confused?

Old crush is from Aus. 2013 We both had a thing for each other but timing wasn’t so great. At first, his girlfriend was overseas for 6 months. 2014 I moved to another city. We still have those random conversations that I still get butterflies from him. 2015, I moved to USA. 2016, I came back to visit and saw him. His grandpa died at the time, so it wasn’t a good time to go any further. He’s a very respectful person. Wouldn’t cheat or have sex just because he was sad and i was there. i went back to USA. Now I’m going back in August. He said I’m more than welcome to stay with him. I still get butterflies from him. What does it mean? I have been dating someone else for a year now. We have our ups and down. I’m confused. I was willing to tell my boyfriend to have a break when I go back to Aus. Is this wrong? To solve what our feelings were all these years.

12