Parents don't let me date my white boyfriend?

Hey everyone! This is the first time that I have ever do this kind of thing so please be nice. I have a dillema. I am an Asian girl with a very VERY strict Christian family. Recently I have been dating someone who happens to be white and he is not as religious as what my parents want. We are very much in love and have been dating for quite a bit and already thinking of going to the next step (moving together or marriage?). The problem is that my parents want me to go back to my home country and I have to leave my boyfriend alone in America. He is trying to meet me and come during my graduation to meet my family and ask for their approval but I am scared that they would be very rude to him. I have met his side of the family and we all hit it off quiet well, even with his sister, parents and aunts. I am 24 yo and he is 30 yo so we are not doing those teenagers dating style, we are serious. I am also the only child so I do understand that my parents wants the best for me (wealthy, religious men who is from our own country because my parents don't want me to leave them and they thought that western people just like divorces). I can't help my feelings with him and I don't want to let him go just because my parents want me to stay with them for the rest of my life. He also have a lot of tattoos from his past and my mom DETEST people like that. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

What should I do?

09

Most Helpful Guy

• You are 23 and living in a Western country. You don't need help unless your parents are holding you prisoner against your will. You are an adult, it's your life, not theirs. Your boyfriend can survive rudeness so don't worry about that. I don't know your parents but I expect they will come around, if not immediately, then when the first grandchild is born. (Go see "The Big Sick").