Parents don't let me date my white boyfriend?

Hey everyone! This is the first time that I have ever do this kind of thing so please be nice. I have a dillema. I am an Asian girl with a very VERY strict Christian family. Recently I have been dating someone who happens to be white and he is not as religious as what my parents want. We are very much in love and have been dating for quite a bit and already thinking of going to the next step (moving together or marriage?). The problem is that my parents want me to go back to my home country and I have to leave my boyfriend alone in America. He is trying to meet me and come during my graduation to meet my family and ask for their approval but I am scared that they would be very rude to him. I have met his side of the family and we all hit it off quiet well, even with his sister, parents and aunts. I am 24 yo and he is 30 yo so we are not doing those teenagers dating style, we are serious. I am also the only child so I do understand that my parents wants the best for me (wealthy, religious men who is from our own country because my parents don't want me to leave them and they thought that western people just like divorces). I can't help my feelings with him and I don't want to let him go just because my parents want me to stay with them for the rest of my life. He also have a lot of tattoos from his past and my mom DETEST people like that. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You are 23 and living in a Western country. You don't need help unless your parents are holding you prisoner against your will. You are an adult, it's your life, not theirs. Your boyfriend can survive rudeness so don't worry about that. I don't know your parents but I expect they will come around, if not immediately, then when the first grandchild is born. (Go see "The Big Sick").

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• They may have a point. There are plenty of slope parents who don't want some nasty white bastard like me coming in and defiling their daughter. Who can blame them? Your ancestors have stayed racially pure for thousands of years, and here you are screwing it all up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Firstly, let's the word "white."

Then there will be only two problems.

1. The professional as well as manners (can be inprovised)

2. Age (can lie or distract)

3. There are make up things for tattoo, I am sure.

PS: your parents actually know what they are talking about. They have more concrete evidence in this sort of relationship more than you two, so there is one way, which is to misdirect them, make them believe he is good.

The point is that whether you two have enough dedication.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're 24 make your own choices. Literally just do it! Do what makes you happy, do what makes your boyfriend happy. Your parents will either commend you for your courage to stand up for love or they will be bitter old trolls who honestly you shouldn't waste your time with even if they are your parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • Overall i would say it's you're choice, you can do what you think is best and you're parents shouldn't get a say. Granted they do care and just want the best for you, and there advice should be considered but over all its you're choice to make.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your parents can't force to do anything. They can attempt to coerce, but you're an adult and can make your own choices. If you'll be happier here with your boyfriend, make your stand

0|0
    0|0
  • Your parents are right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Remember them Jesus was white

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to convince your parents

0|0
    0|0
    • I tried to but they keep saying no because they want me to be near them forever and marry whoever they want me to marry. I have dated a guy they want me to be with but it just wasn't right because I don't love him at all and I just don't want to be with someone for the rest of my life just because that is what my family wants

• Okay i understand you
      But i think no parent accept anyone who has more tattoos
      And don't misunderstand your parents they just feared that you are in a wrong relationship
      And they wanted to provide a bright and best future to you

Recommended myTakes