Guys, Would you lower your standards for a hook up after a prolonged period of frustration?

The last 1.5 years of my dating has been the worst its ever been in my entire life. I'm getting older now (mid 30s) so it's more slim pickins and the attractive younger girls need to already have a thing for older guys (some do) or I have to be in the right place/right time. Given my career and hobbies I'm not partying all the time. Just don't have that big social circle anymore.

Anyway I went on a date with a 26 yr old a few months ago who had a real good personality, interesting career but only one major problem; she's about 20-30 lbs overweight. I still have a six pack (somewhat). She did the bumble angles to fool me a bit which pissed me off when I met her. But I decided to give her a nice first date. It's easy to be yourself around women you are not that physically interested in. Some good joking around/convo is also the right mindset to get my mind trained right for how to act when I meet the girl I'm very attracted to.

So after a few drinks I did kiss her. Also we hung out a second time with my buddy and his girl. That time we went a bit further, but I told myself I didn't want to touch home plate with a bigger girl. Don't want her getting too attached/hopes up and heaven forbid if I had an accident with her. So I stopped at that. We texted a few times but I never invited her to hang out again.

Anyway we started texting again today. I got rejected five times in a row in the last week, so I texted her up for the hell of it. I just asked her how's she's doing. I'm tempted to ask her for a hook up. The worst that can happen is she say's no, but if we do do it... well I don't want her to get all attached either. I can tell she had her hopes up about me. I don't like screwing people over. I've only done it sparingly in my life and it's been done plenty of times to me.

Thoughts?

2