Is it worth explaining a situation that freaked me out to him?

I'm rather interested in this guy I met on an app and we've been trying to set up a meet but schedules and work commitments got in the way. Our availability has freed up right now, and he's been quite persistent in getting a date (asking, keeping in touch etc.)

But I had a really weird dating experience last week that honestly freaked me out and made me quite uncomfortable with the idea of meeting a stranger online. The initial phases of us trying to set up dates was when his schedule was the problem. As of recently, it's been all me.

Following that really uncomfortable experience, I'm not in the right state of mind to meet but I'd still like to keep this connection open till things. Should I be open with him and explain that negative experience? I am hoping he'd be understanding and be cool with me reaching out down the road.

Or would most guys think that's ridiculous and just write me off? We've been speaking on and off for about 7 weeks now..
  • Yes he'd likely understand there're a lot of weirdos out there and sympathise with you
  • No it's a lost cause - he'd just think you're playing games

01