Is it better to date irl than online dating & why?

Well I tried online dating for 7 years I got no benefit from it I don't know. Everytime I find someone it's end up so bad. I had my heart broken 3 times. Last one was my dream come true but introvert and broken depressed. It ended up so bad. He just ignored me 3 month. I promised myself to never use o line dating. What do you think?
Updates:
The problem with online guy that most catfish uses it unlike us the good one. So it's barely work I think. For me the last guy wasn't Catfish I have been with him 5 years but he used advantage of my time & support then gone.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah in real life is 1000 times better if you have failed a lot with online then you should probably stop doing it. It's not bad but it usually doesn't work, a miracle would have to come along tbh. So it can work but I believe that more times than none it doesn't work out.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree from my experience. Its hard to find a good one is a thing and avoiding Catfish danger is a big thing then finding out they're a user or mentally unstable is another thing

• Yeah true. You may be one of those good and actually genuine people that does online dating. I was one of those people too. I've got nothing to hide, wasn't a catfish or anything. I'm just a straight up good person and I know it. But I decided to stop the online dating. I don't need to be thinking about it. I used it because I was bored with no one to talk to. Oh well, now I'm not gonna force anything and I'm just gonna focus on myself. I'll let love find me, whether if it's online or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Real life dating is definitely better. You don't have to worry about distance or catfishing. Online dating might be better in certain aspects but real life dating wins.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Don't understand what you're comparing...

Online means get to know a person's contact and basic temperament...
    But dating has to be the meet up face to face...

To me... Online is not dating... Just introduction to dating... It opens up the possibilities instead of only having people we know to choose from...

Then dating is exactly what it is... To meet, chat and have sex... To find out more and if it's possible to be together...

1|0
    0|0
  • Online dating seems a bit much nowadays. It's like a buffet - too many options that you don't even need, or should even entertain, but we love eye candy, sooo...

Online dating can have its advantages if both parties are genuine, but how often does that happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Online dating is not good for anyone. It's allowed people to prey upon others' emotions and no one comes out unscathed. But it's a double-edged sword; you never know someone's intentions until you physically seen each other and talked about it. Never share more than what's necessary and always be careful.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have tried online dating myself. I used to talk to a German for 7 months everyday on Discord (Chat site) and we used to Skype daily, sometimes even sleep together with our Skype on. We made this all realistic as possible. As soon as I met him in July, he stopped 'loving me' and his attitude was not the same as Skype. I was heart broken and learned the hard way that online relationship (even by skype) has more uncertainty.

1|0
    0|0
  • IRL is so much better. You can see the body language.

1|0
    0|0
    • May I ask. Why body language matter? Like in my casethe guy wasn't a liar but he was a user. We Skyped before his body language was that he wasn't confident on himself.

• You can see how they are reacting to you, instead of just seeing a screen. And you would be amazed at how much you can learn about a person, just from their body language. Here you go, it's just over 6 minutes.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPIS-3gDYhc

• If you're going to date a guy online he's going to want to have sex with you and be gone. On the other hand if you meet someone in person then it takes a little more time you get to know each other better you really get to know who that person is.

1|0
    0|0
  • In college end up heart break 6 times and two times in high school. my current boyfriend i met of facebook. on person didn't work in college or high but did work out on facebook.

1|0
    0|0
  • Online all you are doing is trying to get to know someone in hopes they are who they say they are. Then you meet offline. Ifsmart you would video chat before meeting up. Dating is only offline.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather an irl meeting for my love interests but with today's system it's near impossible

1|0
    0|0
  • In real life so I can touch and feel all over him. I personally don’t like long distance or online relationships.

1|0
    0|0
  • The best I've ever got from online dating is a date or two, literally. Waste of time I think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Kinda difficult to have sex online... You just end up f-ing yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. It depends. You should use any channel to get in contacts with others. I never had a woman I did not gain from, regardless the channel.

1|0
    0|0
  • Real work bar non. Online dating is a joke, especially for men. Even an above average guy will struggle online. And even if you happen to meet someone it's much harder to form any sort of connection without body language and vocal tone to help. You can get a few dates per week and even sex by just approaching women in stores, bars, parks, anywhere with relative ease as a non ugly guy. The drawback is that it has a steeper learning curve and can cause more anxiety. It'll take a couple dozen approaches/rejections before you really get used to it. And before that it's hard to get reciprocation because of your awkwardness.

1|0
    0|0
    • Im a 8-9/10 by all accounts, and even i struggled to get more than a few responses per month, nearly all of them failed miserably. I did get one decent relationship online, but eventually that failed too. As opposed to the real world where i have enough dates for every evening and take a girl home every weekend.

• In person is always better. Too much fake content online

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you can find people online, but you need to see how they are in real life

1|0
    0|0
  • Online isn't dating, it's chatting to see if you want to date, or fuck

1|0
    0|0
  • But all the guys are not like that
    Some guys are real and kind hearted too

1|0
    0|0
  • IRL

LDRs are a waste of time

1|0
    0|0
  • irl is always better

1|0
    0|0
  • For some it's better and for others it's worse.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. The connections you build are more natural.

1|0
    0|0
  • Irl is the best. You never whether the account is fake or real. Even if it seems to be real, you can't be sure that the person you assume to be behind the screen is the person by who's name the account is. The account can be run by someone else like his/her friend or who knows if it's hacked

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes