Is my ex still in love with me, or the idea of me?

hey guys,

so my ex ( an ex where it's been on and off for years) still talks about me with our mutal friends (I even heard how he still talks about me to his mum) he keeps telling them how his still in love with me, and how were still gonna end up being toghter etc. however I moved to another country some years ago and we hardly speak. maybe once in a blue moon. and even then it's kind of awkward. so am just wondering if his does still love me or just the idea of me?
thanks

514

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife left me like a week ago for a dude she had been with for 4 months before leaving. I know and she's made it clear that she's definitely never coming back, but I'll always be holding out hope that she will. He probably does still have something for you, and he probably always will. Whether or not he's willing to let it go is another story. Hopefully he's not the stalker type. You might say he's not, but infatuation can make men to scary things.

Plus its really hard when y'all leave in the first place. I cleaned out just about all her things for her, having a very deep hole in my heart the entire time. She picked them all up when I was at college and now it feels super empty and lonely. I really want things back to how they were.

That being said, I know her mind won't change back and things will never go back, and I gotta give it up and move on and find someone new. I certainly wouldn't go telling people we're totally getting back together. Again, that seems stalkery.

Most Helpful Girl

• l think its high time you move on if he luvs you why do you guys break up anyways... Friends at times exaggerate things just to make you feel loved... when you talk does he ask you out or its just those useless random questions?