Is my ex still in love with me, or the idea of me?

hey guys,

so my ex ( an ex where it's been on and off for years) still talks about me with our mutal friends (I even heard how he still talks about me to his mum) he keeps telling them how his still in love with me, and how were still gonna end up being toghter etc. however I moved to another country some years ago and we hardly speak. maybe once in a blue moon. and even then it's kind of awkward. so am just wondering if his does still love me or just the idea of me?
thanks

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife left me like a week ago for a dude she had been with for 4 months before leaving. I know and she's made it clear that she's definitely never coming back, but I'll always be holding out hope that she will. He probably does still have something for you, and he probably always will. Whether or not he's willing to let it go is another story. Hopefully he's not the stalker type. You might say he's not, but infatuation can make men to scary things.

Plus its really hard when y'all leave in the first place. I cleaned out just about all her things for her, having a very deep hole in my heart the entire time. She picked them all up when I was at college and now it feels super empty and lonely. I really want things back to how they were.

That being said, I know her mind won't change back and things will never go back, and I gotta give it up and move on and find someone new. I certainly wouldn't go telling people we're totally getting back together. Again, that seems stalkery.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• l think its high time you move on if he luvs you why do you guys break up anyways... Friends at times exaggerate things just to make you feel loved... when you talk does he ask you out or its just those useless random questions?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He's infatuated with the idea of you, he has drempt up a version of you which is not you, but he's love it to be you, so he's hooked on the what if's and maybes. He genuinely loves you but dislikes some parts of your character. And we'll I guess that's why it's a love hate thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he's just having a hard time moving on. Whether or not he loves you or the idea of you is irrelevant if you don't plan on being with him. But if i had to guess it's probably more likely the idea of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you guys were in love, then forgetting each other is practically almost impossible... if he talks about you to people but does not communicate with you or even tell you, then I'll say just the idea of you or illusions

0|0
    0|0
  • My opinion is He still loves u. Because I've been in his shoes. Its like when u talk or you see them your heart just starts to beat really fast and u get this feeling over u when u first got together.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably just the idea of you
    For telling your mutual friend fateventually going to hook up again or end up together when he doesn't even know you've moved

0|0
    0|0
    • no he knows I've moved but I get what you mean

• I’d look at it more like, are you the same person he is talking about to mutual friends? Like have you matured since you moved away? Is he still the same person you remember and has he matured?

If he seems to be the same person but you have matured then his is in love with the past version of you, which is still you, it’s just part of you now and not the current/complete you. If you feel roughly the same and he thinks of you that way then he’s in love with you but you have a past that seems to have issues and you should ask yourself if you are interested in possibly contending with those issues again?

0|0
    0|0
  • They are 2 options for that
    1st he can't get any other so he wants u again
    2nd he would have realised and found missing without u

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's been a long time since you two had regular contact I'd say he's into the idea of you

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he loves the idea of you, but I've been wrong before

0|0
    0|0
  • Bitch, go. Get your self a decent man. You deserve it

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on his status,, engaged or single

0|0
    0|0
  • He's probably still in love with your ham wallet