Is he going to show up on our date?

So we met through tinder and we were about to meet 3 weeks ago but in that we had loads of national celebrations so he pretty much got hung over and texted me he didn't feel well.. since than we haven't talked but recently we started to talk again and he explained he felt bad for not showing up and canceling the date and asked me out again.. I said yes and we plan on meeting next Saturday.. is he going to show up this time or is he going to ditch me again?

1132

Most Helpful Guy

• It’s a bit confusing, did he notify you in advance, that he can’t make the previous date, or did he not show up and left you hanging?
    If he notified you in advance and was courteous, than I don’t see a reason why he wouldn’t show up for your date coming up

• We planned it 3 weeks ago but he got a hang over but I haven't heard anything about it until that day we were meeting up so I just texted him "You have a hang over right" and he said yes so we didn't meet up that day. And it was also the last day we even talked... 3 weeks later so right now we started talking again and he asked me out again

• Exactly we planned what we are going to do and he seems like he is really putting effort in it like always texting me and stuff

• Just don’t show him you are excited, before you get to know him, because us guys are used to girls working themselves up, with their hopes, and looking for signs in us, that reinforce why they should be so excited about us, and it can easily feel like (1) this girl has no idea who I am and (2) is in love with the idea of being in love, rather than loving me... so should I just be whatever she wants me to be? So, just keep a very open-mind, don’t emotionally invest yourself too soon

Most Helpful Girl

• I would give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is going to show up. Because 98% of the time when I think somebody is going to ghost me they show up - its just I was suspicious of them out of self-doubt and the fact that they may have been a little late etc... Now I say 98% but its people I know personally where there would be social consequences for giving me bad or inferior treatment. Don't assume he is going to ghost you until or if he does it.