Is he going to show up on our date?

So we met through tinder and we were about to meet 3 weeks ago but in that we had loads of national celebrations so he pretty much got hung over and texted me he didn't feel well.. since than we haven't talked but recently we started to talk again and he explained he felt bad for not showing up and canceling the date and asked me out again.. I said yes and we plan on meeting next Saturday.. is he going to show up this time or is he going to ditch me again?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It’s a bit confusing, did he notify you in advance, that he can’t make the previous date, or did he not show up and left you hanging?
    If he notified you in advance and was courteous, than I don’t see a reason why he wouldn’t show up for your date coming up

0|0
    0|0
    • We planned it 3 weeks ago but he got a hang over but I haven't heard anything about it until that day we were meeting up so I just texted him "You have a hang over right" and he said yes so we didn't meet up that day. And it was also the last day we even talked... 3 weeks later so right now we started talking again and he asked me out again

• Show All
    • Exactly we planned what we are going to do and he seems like he is really putting effort in it like always texting me and stuff

• Just don’t show him you are excited, before you get to know him, because us guys are used to girls working themselves up, with their hopes, and looking for signs in us, that reinforce why they should be so excited about us, and it can easily feel like (1) this girl has no idea who I am and (2) is in love with the idea of being in love, rather than loving me... so should I just be whatever she wants me to be? So, just keep a very open-mind, don’t emotionally invest yourself too soon

Most Helpful Girl

• I would give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is going to show up. Because 98% of the time when I think somebody is going to ghost me they show up - its just I was suspicious of them out of self-doubt and the fact that they may have been a little late etc... Now I say 98% but its people I know personally where there would be social consequences for giving me bad or inferior treatment. Don't assume he is going to ghost you until or if he does it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• I think he's going to show up. I hope so too. But it kind of depends. How did he cancel the date? I mean, in what way? Did he text you an hour late, after the date was initially to happen? Or did he cancel the date at least 2 days before due, like a gentleman? That's a difference that will decide whether he will show up. If he's an honest person, he will show up, even if he actually isn't interested anymore. He'll let you know on time if he is.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is a 50/50 shot.. it is not good that he got drunk and hung over before your first date. If you both had been chatting more I would say that the chance he would show up would be better. The spotty communication may be a sign of what is to come. But that is my POV.. good luck with that I wish you well.

0|0
    0|0
  • in all seriousness its tinder..
    you should be meeting up same day for a hookup first, not plan a date far ahead lolhes just going to do the same thing again

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he wants another shot and het st least he said he felt bad and last time that he was drunk. Some people just drop you and that's that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your guess is as much as mine, usually when someone says that they mean it if they don't the they don't, it doesn't matter what we say or do same for you he will be there or will not be there. If there was a chance you would go

0|0
    0|0
  • On tinder you can't expect to much if he shows he shows if not than he found somebody more suitable to his interests so you should just move on and find someone who is fully interested in you probably try looking in person this time

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I would say give him one chance, but hold him to a higher standard. He should make up for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he had given you his phone number then he will come. If you are only texting over tinder or other social apps then he won't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably going to show. He could have been genuine the first time or maybe he doesn't see you as relationship material but instead sees you as a desperate hook up. No offense.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is a tinder guy. You were not 1st option. Now seams to be your turn. Judge for yourself. You know how tinder works.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is any kind of a decent human he will be there. If not then don't reply to him again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, definitely. He will show coz if he doesn't want to show then he wouldn't approach you again... so relax.. n enjoy yourself...

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no way of knowing. I would show up to the date. If he ditches you again, forget him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if he is trying to play hard to get or to get hard lol

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, if he doesn't don't forget you have friends ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • He will probably show, but if he doesn't, drop him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only time will tell I guess, but I have confidence in that he will come.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll find did out Saturday

1|0
    0|0
  • He'll show for sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had luck on tinder

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone deserves a second chance

0|0
    0|0
  • He will be there for you this time

1|0
    0|0
  • If he geta away from wife he will show up

1|0
    0|0
  • Call him up

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess he might show up

0|0
    0|0
  • He will show up

0|0
    0|0
  • He’ll be there

0|0
    0|0
  • Show up

0|0
    0|0
  • He’ll show up just be more interested in him

0|0
    0|0
  • My guess is he's gonna show up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Don't get your Hopes up. Like North Korea, In the past, They have a Bad habit of Breaking their Promises.
    And this is Tinder.
    If he Does let you Down, Scratch him off the list. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • If he asked YOU out he most definitely wants to go out. I’ve had a similar situation on tinder as well. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope he is going to show up. If he doesn't you know where you at. And you can move on. Lots and lots of other great people in the world ♡

0|0
    0|0
  • in my opinion l think if u really want to meet him give him a chance and see how it goes

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea. I guess you'll have to wait and see

0|0
    0|0
  • Give him the second chance. If he doesn’t turn up for this one take it as a sign he’s not worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • He better come , you deserve better if he doesn't

0|0
    0|0
  • I love tinder

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so

0|0
    0|0
  • Give him a chance and don’t worry too much about it. If he doesn’t show up then obviously he wasn’t worth it - if he is a decent guy he will show up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes