Why does no guy like me? Like EVER?

Question says it all. I am 26 years old. No guy has ever asked me out. Not ever. Not even flirted, as far as i can tell.
I am not unattractive. I would give myself a decent 6.5-7.5/10 for looks.
I am pretty smart and do my work well. I usually top my class.
I read a lot and can have a good conversation about a lot of topics.
I am quite polite and nice to people. I have a lot of friends and they enjoy my company.
Yet, guys are simply just not interested in me.
A lot of my girlfriends who are uglier and stupider than me all have boyfriends, some are even married.
I am tired of waiting and wondering if I should give up. If not even a single one of the thousands of guys I have met in 26 years were interested in me, I doubt anyone would be interested in the future. Also, as you get older your potenial dating pool only shrinks.
I can give up, but I need to know why guys don't like me.
Thanks for your time.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This may come as a surprise, but acting interested is really helpful.

A lot of women think that if they're just decent, educated people that men will simply fall into their laps, ready to go to town. But, the truth is: you may be boring, you may come across as a bitch, you may seem totally closed-off and seem unapproachable. I'm not saying you are, but considering you called your friends "uglier and stupider" than you, you have a very shitty undertone to your personality already.

Your "stupider and uglier" friends may be very outgoing, fun people to be around. Maybe, you just come across as the girl who would rather be nose-deep in a book than have a conversation with someone. Chances are, if you aren't being approached, it's something with you that is giving people the impression. You may even have to take things into your own hands and start approaching so people can get to know who you are instead of going off of the assumption they arrive at by just seeing you.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible they find you intimidating. They're not as successful, or as smart as you. What chance do they have then? Why try if you're going to get rejected?

On the other hand, it could be you have a conflated ego. You might not realize it, but the way you describe yourself in comparison to the way you describe your girlfriends is pretty demeaning.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not being demeaning, just truthful. There are people uglier and stupider than me, just as there are people prettier and cleverer than me. How is that having a "confalted ego" ?

• I just pointed out that it was a possibility. Maybe they don't approach you because you're cool to them?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Maybe it's because you don't use the right grammar.
    It's supposed to be "Why Do No Guys Like Me?"

(Okay my real answer)
    Maybe they think you are trying too hard, you might seem desperate. If you are laid back and aren't desperate, then I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help you.

1|0
    1|0
    • This is the internet, nobody uses the "right grammar" here. Stop being a "Grammar bully".

• I'm sorry. I'm a Grammar Nazi and I didn't mean to offend you. I was trying to make a joke, but like my usual self, I end up offending and hurting people. I hate myself so freaking much.

• And then everyone putting a thumbs down on my comments, I should just shut up and leave people alone. I always make things worse. Please forgive me.

• "who are uglier and stupider than me" this said it all; you think you are better than everyone else. Good luck with that.

6|2
    0|1
  • A picture would help. We might suggest something.

Whims thag thougb it could be personality. If you’re not playful, it’s hard for guys to flirt with you.

You may come across as very driven? Or like you wouldn’t consider a guy who isn’t as focused as you?

0|2
    0|0
  • I honestly have no idea. You sound a lot like my girlfriend, who's pretty close to your age (25) but I understand what's going on with her. From what you've said, I'd be more than happy to ask you out (assuming I didn't have a girlfriend, lol) as a guy. Maybe I'd be shy about it, cause that's just how I roll. But if I liked you and I saw you enough - yeah, sooner or later I'd ask you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be an attitude thing. You'd be suprized how well people can pick up on those kinds of things. I dont think your "friends" would like to hear your calling them stupid and ugly. Not trying to be a jerk here. Im guessing you're still a virgin, correct?

1|0
    0|0
  • No one could possibly answer your question honestly without at least a photo.

Here are some reasons that may apply:
    1. You are not as attractive as you think you are.
    2. You are overweight.
    3. You come across as bitchy, stuck up, materialistic, high maintenance, or unlikely to to have sex.
    4. You are out of place with the people around you.

0|0
    0|0
    • You could PM your photo and where you live and I can give more detailed feedback.

• Do you ever flirt with them? How do you indicate your interest in a guy? And what kind of guys do you find attractive? Do you consider yourself to only be interested in guys who are "out of your league?"

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's all in your head God made all women beautiful, give it time love it will happen

0|0
    1|0
  • Is this a question?

Oh by the way, you're a shitty friend for calling them "stupid and ugly".

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be so hard on yourself. Maybe you don't see that guys are interested and don't pick up on their signals. Maybe some of them feel like they are friend zoned... just a thought.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am soo sad for your situation
    But god will definitely send you one good guy
    Do you have any crush?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd need proof that you're not unattractive. Send a picture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it’s your style

0|0
    0|0
  • You should add a picture

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you look like?

0|0
    0|0
  • Stats?

0|0
    0|0
  • Can that really be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, you think you're better than everyone. That can be a major turn off for people

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not ask a guy that has actually seen you in person? Ask a guy that has actually spoken to you in person. Do you think any of us can really know why guys don't like you considering we don't know what you look like or what your personality is like?

Considering the way you describe yourself, and the way you describe your "friends" there could be a possibility that they see right through you and your high sense of worthiness.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes