Why does no guy like me? Like EVER?

Question says it all. I am 26 years old. No guy has ever asked me out. Not ever. Not even flirted, as far as i can tell.
I am not unattractive. I would give myself a decent 6.5-7.5/10 for looks.
I am pretty smart and do my work well. I usually top my class.
I read a lot and can have a good conversation about a lot of topics.
I am quite polite and nice to people. I have a lot of friends and they enjoy my company.
Yet, guys are simply just not interested in me.
A lot of my girlfriends who are uglier and stupider than me all have boyfriends, some are even married.
I am tired of waiting and wondering if I should give up. If not even a single one of the thousands of guys I have met in 26 years were interested in me, I doubt anyone would be interested in the future. Also, as you get older your potenial dating pool only shrinks.
I can give up, but I need to know why guys don't like me.
Thanks for your time.

516

Most Helpful Girl

• This may come as a surprise, but acting interested is really helpful.

A lot of women think that if they're just decent, educated people that men will simply fall into their laps, ready to go to town. But, the truth is: you may be boring, you may come across as a bitch, you may seem totally closed-off and seem unapproachable. I'm not saying you are, but considering you called your friends "uglier and stupider" than you, you have a very shitty undertone to your personality already.

Your "stupider and uglier" friends may be very outgoing, fun people to be around. Maybe, you just come across as the girl who would rather be nose-deep in a book than have a conversation with someone. Chances are, if you aren't being approached, it's something with you that is giving people the impression. You may even have to take things into your own hands and start approaching so people can get to know who you are instead of going off of the assumption they arrive at by just seeing you.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible they find you intimidating. They're not as successful, or as smart as you. What chance do they have then? Why try if you're going to get rejected?

On the other hand, it could be you have a conflated ego. You might not realize it, but the way you describe yourself in comparison to the way you describe your girlfriends is pretty demeaning.

• I'm not being demeaning, just truthful. There are people uglier and stupider than me, just as there are people prettier and cleverer than me. How is that having a "confalted ego" ?

• I just pointed out that it was a possibility. Maybe they don't approach you because you're cool to them?