Guys, The cliche reassurance that men are intimidated by attractive and successful women: are you all really?

I’ve encountered women that believe they are single because men are intimidated by their physical appearance and current academic/occupational status at that current time.

I feel frustrated because I am always (and still am) single. I’ve never been noticed by men. I always had one individual state that it was because I was “intimidating”. And I don’t believe that is really the case. I’ve seen attractive women have suitors. Maybe men don’t like me?

I believe this line is intended to help others feel better about their predicament.
  • Yes
  • No

44

Most Helpful Guy

• When ever a woman tells herself (and the world) that she is single because men are intimidated by her, she avoids having to face the real reason. This is one of the many ego traps. The ego is only interested in strengthening its grip on the true self, and feeling superior to others.

Being brutally honest with ourselves will allow us to get to the core reasons of a problem but it also brings with it pain and change. It is much easier for us to lie to ourselves.

• For a woman that believes she is single because of men being intimidated by her, what could be the actual reason?

• @ asker: One reason may be that she's huge, like 5'9" and therefore physically intimidating. Also: if most successful men marry not professional women, but rather pretty, feminine, and somewhat submissive women, what does that do to the available pool of men? That's right: the pretty homemaker snatched him up. Therefore, the successful woman MUST NECESSARILY FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE SUCCESSFUL MAN and seek a guy who, while he may have 'good genes' such as acceptable intelligence and looks, does not have the success.
      Another may be a bitchy, radical feminist appearance, or the feminist personality. These personality types are the ugliest personality types a woman can adopt. So, if you believe yourself the victim in a make dominated society, and you're broadcasting this 'tude to the whole world (whether you're aware of it or not), this is the reason why guys have never approached you...

• She'd have to first make sure she was being really honest with herself, then if that was truly the case, then she'd simply observe other similar women. Observe those women that have the same traits and find out why that didn't hold them back.

Our egos can be very tricky.