How long should I wait for another date?

I've been on 3 dates with a guy which were amazing. He's always really touchy and feeling and he's paid for every date. He's talked about doing other things together too and said he wants to go away on a weekend trip with me.

On our last date he said he would text me about meeting up again when I left. We were just texting generally yesterday and I told him I can meet up with him on his day off if he's free but he said he had plans already for that day. He then said he might see me on another day. I sent him a text saying 'let me know' last night but he hasn't texted me since.

Its also been a couple of days since our last date. He usually brings up meeting up quite early on. He asked me for a second date at the end of our first. He asked me for a third date as soon as I was back from work abroad.

I dont want to bring it up again because I already have and I've left the ball in his court. Should I wait or is he unsure about seeing me again?

He texted me back 2 days later- we’ve been talking about general things and he sent me a shirtless picture of him. He still hasn’t asked me out again yet.

1643

Most Helpful Guy

• He's fence sitting. He's also a guy. He could have other obligations. ? Kids? Family? Parents? Needy brothers or sisters?
    But you only went on 3 dates?
    Did you hook up? You say he's touchy feely.. He's obviously in tune with his sensitive side. Are you exclusive? Have you previously talked about dating others? What kind of connection do you have? I don't have all nessicary information needed.
    Tell him you are looking for a man to call your own. If that's to forward. Mention your planning to go on a singles weekend.
    In life i have found that addressing something honestly and head on is the best way to get answers . Ask for a clear yes or no..

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Nope we’re both young and single and he lives alone. No we didn’t hook up, we haven’t slept together yet. We haven’t had the talk about being exclusive yet. I was thinking of asking him about what he thinks on the next date.
      I’ve been asked out on a date this Saturday from another guy which I was going to put on hold cause I really like this guy but I feel like I should go now. Should I mention it to him?

• The going out to a singles club is a good idea ^^

• Good for you. Don't sell your self short , life is short... too short. We. only grow from experience , that means good choices and bad choices. There all building blocks. Go have fun

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl, I’ve been in the SAME exact situation! I was reading the comments and I saw you haven’t hooked up or anything so that’s good. But the reason a guy stopped asking me out after the third date was because I didn’t hook up with him. Do you think that’s a possibility? I say totally go out with that other guy though, you’re single! If this guy isn’t gonna ask you out then whatcha waiting for! Give the other guy a chance. Maybe even post a picture w him (; nothing will make that other guy chase you harder than if he sees you out with other guys! or say you’re going out to a club with some friends, like that other guy mentioned, that always works too!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I mean he could always be insecure and just think you’re too good for him or who knows? Maybe he’s not for sure if you like him? Definitely DO NOT text him again. You said “let me know” it’s his TURN! I literally just told a guy as well to let me know when he wants to go out and he hasn’t said anything so I’m just waiting.

• I’m surprised because he knew from before we went on the third date that I wasn’t going to go back home with him. He asked me to stay over but I made it clear I wouldn’t be able to. He also told me to take his jacket on our third date and that I could give it back to him when we see each other next but I didn’t take it cause of my strict parents. In our last conversation he also said he’d take a day off just to spend time with me. I’ve made it really clear I was into him, we’ve kissed before and we always hold hands. He even made me take pictures with him on our last date together. I don’t know why guys do a total 180 after.
      He doesn’t use social media but if he asks I’ll say something along the lines of I’m going out for drinks with a guy from work.
      You should go out and enjoy yourself too! Who knows, maybe you’ll end up liking the other guy you’re seeing more!

• Hmm that’s super weird! I watched this video from this relationship coach and it was like “what guys are thinking when they ignore you” and the answer is NOTHING because they are not thinking about you! And that it’s hard to mess up the RIGHT thing! I mean yes he could be busy but that’s also very weird he wouldn’t at least text you to see how you’re doing! But yes that’s a good idea! And thank you!! The guy canceled on me because he’s sick apparently lol. I don't know, we will see haha.