Is someone being a pessimist a turn off for you?

I was going out on a couple dates with this very attractive guy.

It was going good till he started telling me sad stories, called himself a failure and all of the sudden giving me too much information about his previous shyness. Needless to say I got bored with that whole conversation.

If I'm on a date and doing my introduction, the last thing I would want to talk about is my own failures and the time I got bullied long ago.
  • yes
  • no
I think that's something you say when you're already at least officially dating the person and you want them to know you better... not something you throw away in just the 3rd date.

12