How do I tell my boyfriend to stop posting things about us on social media?

I don’t care about social media but he posts our pictures all the time and wants to be “Facebook official”. Our close family and friends know about your relationship and that’s good enough for me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just mention your girl friends being annoyed by their SO doing it and that it doesn't sit right with you and you'd rather keep things private , let it in gently and smoothly and don't make a deal or let him make a deal out of it , just put your view out there

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yep. I used to do this shit when I was a teenager back in high school. Its not mature.

A relationship should be between two people. No fight, argument, intimacy should be shared outside the two people involved. The only time things get out of a relationship is when you have big announcements or you can't deal with the fights and need advice (counselor, parents, a well-wisher who isn't attacted to either of you)

Let him know this and set clear boundaries.

1|0
    0|0
  • On one hand, you have the right to express your concerns to him. If you're both close you should be able to talk to him about this. On the other hand, it's also his life too. If he wants to proclaim to the world his love for you, he can. Just talk with him but realize he isn't obligated to stop and that wouldn't make him a bad guy. Just talk with him rather than telling him outright.

1|0
    0|0
  • He should respect your choice but then from his point of view he maybe like why dont you wanna admit to the world your dating him? Like r u embarrased?

0|0
    1|0
    • My family and close friends know.

• Thats fair but can you see it from his point of view. Just sit down nicely and exsplain that you love him but want to be confidential

• The world doesn't care they're dating..

• Tell him that you want to keep your relationship between you, in an intimate way, not in a secretive way. But you have to see that he is obviously proud to be with you, otherwise he wouldn't show off your relationship. Try to see things from both sides i suppose.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you be upset about that? Most girls don't get that from a guy. Be lucky he wants to show you off and let people know he loves you

1|0
    0|0
    • Because i dont like social media

• My girlfriend is like this. Drives me nuts. I think it stems from a search for importance. Like, the person doesn't value themselves enough and needs the likes to feel better about themselves. I think exactly the same way you do. If the trust is there, who cares? Relationships aren't about showing each other off, they're about enjoying each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I see different opinions on here. I like to think of relationships similar to raising children, since everything is relationship based anyhow, whether it's family or friends or a SO. You pick your battles and if you find it's worth mentioning or causing a rift about then you be bold and stern and make your point. Also, why beat around the bush. At this point if you're a couple you should find yourself comfortable enough to say, "hey, no thanks, I'd prefer not to be displayed on social media." if you can't do this, then it's either you're not at that level in your relationship or maybe it's unnecessary to rock the boat per se.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him something along the lines of 'look, i love you a lot but i dont like being on social media. Please stop posting about us.' Make sure you say something a little like that and try make it the kindest way you can

0|0
    0|0
  • Facebook official? Oh my God, ask him why he's so womanly! That's not something a man would do!

1|0
    0|1
  • Why you mind that? Oh yeah. Maybe the other guy will see you are taken. Or you are ashamed. Lol. Why are you with him?

0|0
    0|0
    • I dont like social media. I am with him because i like him

• Good reply OP. People need to get off her back about this. Some people don't like being on social media and that's their thing, people need to respect that.

• Just tell him how you feel. Reassure him that you're happy with the relationship but you'd prefer if it wasn't posted all over Facebook all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him the next time he does it you are going to break his legs.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're not into him if you want a real man call 716-603-4436

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him that privacy is very important for you... He has to respect that..

0|0
    0|0
  • Babyyy, please can you stop posting some things about us on social medias? Or yeah.. its a bit hard.

0|0
    0|0
  • With words coming out of your mouth

0|2
    0|0
  • Tell him to stop...

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him that u don't want it post etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop taking pics with him