Girlfriend broke it off, but said we will talk in a week. what does she mean? is it over for real?

semi long distance girlfriend girlfriend of one and half years breaks up with me from continuous arguing over stupid things (my fault) while on holiday with her family on the other side of the world.

she did it so calmly, confidently and nonchalantly that it almost felt like it was a joke. she said that she just wants to be left alone and not be stressed by me all the time (i did stress her too much especially at the wrong time).

after we spoke, she reminded me 3 times that she will be home in a weeks time, and we will definitely talk then and see where we stand. she is the love of my life and my soulmate, she says so too. this all happened so fas that it felt fake.

after the conversation i didn't speak to her at all, and am not planning on it until she contacts me.

but at 1 in the morning she wrote me "sometimes things happen and there is no one to blame, we will talk more when im back and see how things are". we are 25 years old
Updates:
we even tried taking a break, and there was minimal contact, and when we broke up she explained that she so relaxed while on our break. and now i dont understand why she still is unsure.
i personally think i can convince her

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Maybe she longs or miss you when you two break-up. I think even though you are arguing with each other, she still misses you but I think on what she means is that continuing arguing with each other do happens on couples, and she'll see if you two talk more again well it can be decide if you two will continue the relationship or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't you talk to her when she gets back. I don't think you should. If you do, she's gonna put you in your place and hurt you. I just feel like that's what she's gonna do. She might be kind about it, she might be subtle with it, it may not be mean, but it's going to hurt. Put her on the chase if you want her to stay with you. Tell her "you know what, you're right. I treated you wrong. I regret it. I should be better. But I'm not going to change over the course of a few days. I need some time and space. Maybe we'll be together again, but maybe not. Right now, I have to work on myself. There's no reason for us to meet up. There isn't anything to talk about. I really hope life is good to you and you can be happy". You tell her something along those lines, you will either have her coming after you, or you'll just be fast forwarding to the end of this relationship. Neither is really a bad thing.

0|0
    0|0
    • lol why in the world would i dig my own grave? to play it alpha? she's my girlfriend of a year and half we talked about marriage and children and our futures together. i want to hear what she has to say after i dont contact her for the next 7-10 days

• she hates being stressed, i just fucked up that i did it to her again and again at that specific time

• She wants to talk to you after a week to see how things are and how y'all are feeling about the breakup.

0|0
    0|0
    • well her reasons for breaking up with me were very logical and clear, which is the issue and why i am worried

Recommended myTakes