Two socially awkward people dating?

Has anybody shy/socially awkward ever dated somebody with a similar personality? I’ve been dating my boyfriend for 7 months now and I’m 100% comfortable with him, I can talk openly about anything and feel like he is one of the least judgmental people I’ve ever known. He still seems very nervous around me sometimes tho, like he can’t really say what he’s thinking for fear of upsetting me. We never fight, and usually seem to agree on almost everything. I don’t think he should have any fear that I’m going to judge him for anything, because if anything I’ve been more understanding in this relationship then I have ever before.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I have and some people will take even longer than others to open up. Some never do and always feel awkward.
    My 2nd ex and I were so shy and awkward together. I eventually relaxed but she never did after a year. Honestly it would not have worked out if she did cause she was so inside her head that she was just a dead fish in my arms. She said she wanted to and liked kissing but she never kissed first or really kissed me back much.

Give him time and if he does not cuddle with him and talk. Sometimes people are hurt and they never trully relax. Though with some guys girls do flip out at random times. So he might be worried about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've only dated people who have an opposite personality.

But I think he just needs time to get comfortable. Every person takes their own time, and it might not even be the socially awkward side that is the reason. Especially if they haven't dated much in the past, it is definitely an adjustment to start to feel comfortable around a person.