To text him or not to text him?

So this guy I’ve had a crush on since i was younger messaged me the other day on fb, it was my birthday & he sent me a DM wishing me a good one. I messaged back thanks thinking that would be the end of it (we never talk!) he then proceeds to message me regarding something that happened the other day between us (he lives in the same road as me so we occasionally see each other) from there it got really flirty and suggestive, he initiated the conversation and flirting.

We messaged on and off from the evening to the nrxt day before he before he didn’t respond to my last message (was nothing he needed to reply too but was flirty) anyways it’s been over a week now since and haven’t heard anything else from him! I haven’t messaged him again as 1) I don’t like to come across as desperate and 2) I’m not sure if maybe I got the wrong end of the stick?

Would you say wait and see if he messages me again or make the move myself? I’ve tried to forget about him and speak to other guys but I’ve been out of the game for years!

02