I've been in love with her for 5 years, I asked her out again but she said no so what should I do since I can't move on?

She has tried setting me up with her friends and each time it feels like a knife in my heart, everyone keeps telling me i deserve better even her friends all say it but she is the one I've fallen for and no matter how much time and pain i will always love her, she said she didn't want a boyfriend at this time so i wanted to know if i should wait and focus on work for a bit instead of asking her out again, she also said i am one of her bestfriends, every hug fills me with a happy feeling everytime i hear her laugh i see her smile i know i won't love anyone else especially since its been five years. The reason it didn't work out before is well she kinda cheated on me and asked me to go buy the pregnancy test.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Five years? Okay I'm going to say this firstly and bluntly.

She will never love you.
    Yes.
    She. Will. Never. Love. You.

If she loved you, she would not have cheated on you. If she's setting you up with friends, then chances are, that's exactly what it is- a set-up. She keeps you around as a "best friend" either because she wants you wrapped around her little fingers and having you do whatever she wants, or because she cannot bring herself to cut you off herself (and this fear of cutting people off is most likely more due to her self-image or something than due to actual sympathy for the person). If you cut her off, she will find another guy to wrap around her fingers and forget about you.

So, what do you do? CUT HER OFF WHOLLY AND IMMEDIATELY. I cannot stress this enough. Tell her why you're doing what I'm telling you to do but don't give her the chance to respond and try to pull you back in. Yes it will be painful, yes it will suck, yes she might seem hurt. But you need to do this ASAP because you are gaining nothing from being with her and missing out on other girls. Maybe there's 20 out there waiting for you, maybe there's just one but she's the one who you might spend your life with. Even if there are no other women, you're subjecting yourself to a world of unnecessary hurt and misery because you believe that this girl, and only this girl, can provide you with happiness. You're taking a fuckton of lows for a few highs- it doesn't have to be like this.

Many people could give advice what to do in the long term but the first and absolutely most important part is to cut her off immediately.

0|0
    0|0
  • So you are physically tied to her with chains and rope preventing you from moving on?
    No? Then you can move on, you’re just being dramaric and weak. Focus on other things in your life, fill your body and mind with healthy activities so much so that there is no room for you to be such a weenie.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am like this, she keeps ignoring me, I keep pursuing her. As I love her. I know how i felt about her, I can't forget those.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes