Would you date someone who doesn't have a car?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, so long as he can arrange to meet me for our dates. But it’s going to be a no for me if the guy expects me to constantly drive him around.

0|2
    0|0
    • I like the way you think.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its healthier to take a bicycle for short distances. If there is good public transport you should use that. Its actually a turn off for a lot people but if it is ok for the person and she or he can handle their life without a car its ok on my opinion. So yes, i would do that

0|1
    0|0
    • Nice logic, I like the "If it is ok for the person and she or he can handle their life without a car its ok" part.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 27

• Yes, i would.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you would have asked me about 15 years ago I would have said yes. No... it would depend on why he doesn’t have transportation. But truthfully I wouldn’t mind if he didn’t have one, but I will draw the line when he is constantly asking me to take him places or pick him up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, because I'm a teenager and people I would date are most likely teenagers as well. The point being that not all teenagers can afford their own car.

1|3
    0|0
  • Yeah. I'm a student and I am used to taking public transport everywhere. Most of my friends don't have cars either.

1|2
    0|0
  • I would like to be able to say yes, but realistically it wouldn’t work where I live... and I wouldn’t want to be the only one getting to them

0|1
    0|0
  • I live in a city with decent public transportation. I intend to stay in such a city and will likely find a partner in the same situation, no car needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol I have, of course.
    But I always had One, hun. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • NO problem at all we can walk use bikes or public transport

0|3
    0|0
  • No. Because I live in a village so everybody drives to go places

0|3
    0|1
  • I wouldn't, where I live if you have no car you can't even buy some bread so

0|2
    1|2
    • I don't have car but can buy anything even car

• @lalit449 You don't live where I live. I live in the countryside if you don't have a car you're fucked up. There's nothing here, literally nothing.
      Go live deep in the countryside in the mountain see how you live without a car.

• Ew as if!

No I'm joking lol a car is a car it's no big deal - I'm so used to public transport it's no biggie...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it doesn't really matter, we have public transportation

0|2
    0|0
  • definitely yes! why not? There's tons of great public transportation in my area, so it's really no big deal for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I have a car. Sometimes depending on location, he might need to take public transportation if I couldn’t give him a ride.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. If they managed to get around without me before, there's no problem. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Am i dating him or his car?

1|4
    0|0
  • my boyfriend doesn t have one and i don't care

0|2
    0|0
  • Of course!

1|3
    0|0
  • Depends

0|1
    0|0
  • ill have my own car no problem

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah of course why not

0|1
    0|0
  • Dont date kids

0|1
    5|9
  • With or without car it doesn't matter to me...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, duh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course
    I am right now

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. My current boyfriend doesn't have a car or even a drivers license.

1|5
    0|0

What Guys Said 29

• Yes, it's not a dealbreaker. Now if she has a bad personality- no way!

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes, of course. I mean, I'm a student. Where I live, the public transportation system is pretty good. Not much distance to cover when travelling. At my age, a car is not always a required thing to have to get around. I've got a bicycle too. (It's the Netherlands, so a traditional Dutchman drives a bicycle, right haha)

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a drivers license, I'm actually a really good driver, but since moving to London I don't see the point of having a car, it's just a more expensive way to be stuck in traffic

1|3
    0|0
  • Yes. Whats wrong with a little walking or public transportation? Everything takes time so i will be damned if im some 22 or younger person already in debt with car finances and credit cards just to put an impression on someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did but after a while I actually stopped. I'm not trying to be a grown person's taxi cab.

0|2
    0|0
    • I agree, what if both dont own a car? 😄

• @zickzack91

We both didn't have one then that's ok. I know how that is like when I was a teenager with my first girlfriend. It just sucks you can't just get in the car and go places. It sucks asking for rides or taking the bus.

• :) yeah. But taking a cab or uber black can also be exciting if u go on a date for example. You drink wine or sth anyway so you can't take your own car back. But if you are working and living in nyc for example it doesn't make sense to me to own a car. But it would be nice to know what those people think about it who actally spend their life there. I was just tourist 😂

• Shouldn't matter weather the person has a car or not

1|2
    0|0
  • Sorry all women won't even look a guy's direction if he don't got more then 1000 dollars in the bank.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I date someone without a car I might make a mistake and cosign. So yo answer the question hell no. I'll stay single till I die.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude in the end you should be with or live with people not car.. if u r choose for car a gold digger is hiding in u 😂😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have a car so im in no position to make demands

0|1
    0|0
  • What I need in relationship is Love and not materials

0|1
    0|0
  • Cars are superficial when it comes to relationships

0|1
    0|0
  • What if I told you, I'm planning getting rid of my car?

0|1
    0|0
  • I have legs and I use them.

0|2
    0|0
  • As long as they have a job, yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I don't have one either.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes because I don't have one either.

0|2
    0|0
  • Probably not, too much of a hassle

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol yes. What a question...

0|1
    0|0
  • My girlfriend doesn’t have a car.

0|1
    0|0
  • Currently? Yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's just a car.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. WTF? xD

1|1
    0|0
  • Sure if they shared on the driving

0|1
    0|0
  • i have a motorcycle

0|1
    0|1
  • Car had nothing to do in relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess so. Does she at least have a horse?

0|1
    0|0
  • Duh lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont matter.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes