Do you believe in “the spark”?

When you meet someone, do you believe in the spark? Does it have to be there instantly? Or is this something that can develop later on?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It doesn't happen immediately, but it also doesn't "develop."
    More like it needs some time to DISCOVER. A few days to a couple weeks.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love can't start 'till attraction does. And then there needs to be a conversation.
    If you don't spark their attention it's not going anywhere. And vice versa. Why do you want to date 'boring'?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think the spark can develop pretty much right away. That it takes a bit before you know just what you're feeling. When I had it, I was so drawn to the guy even though he wasn't anything that I would normally date and for the first few months all I knew was that I couldn't get enough of him. Soon after it was like my soul was truly alive for the first time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I do believe in THE SPARK but not love at first sight
    Love has to develop
    U can't just feel attracted by looks but exchanging looks can ignite sparks
    That's for sureeee🔥🔥

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 52

• There is no such instant spark other than lust and obsession. It is not love. Real love is born from knowing that which is unique about a person: their personality and not how good their body looks. You cannot know their personality from the instant you meet someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can develop I'd say. I met my girl a year and 4 months ago and when I did I just thought she was really cute. Now with every passing day she gets more beautiful to me and we have never had an argument, devotion begins to form. So I do think "the spark" is just wicked compatibility and it don't have to be the second you lay eyes on them. It can grow over time.

0|0
    0|0
  • "The spark" is bullshit. It's nothing but a short-term neurochemical aberration. The chemicals are called "endorphins". It's just like a small heroin hit. Anyone who goes after "the spark" is just a junkie.

0|1
    0|0
    • Exactly, but people don't like it when you break their grand illusions with the truth.

• Always believed in the spark. It can happen both instantly or may take some time to realize. Eventually it's the feeling of "she keeps popping up in my mind" that usually leads to this. That can happen maybe at first instant or it can take time. Sometimes even between close friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say yes and no. Love at first sight no but a spark yes. A spark can grow. Don't turn me down immediately. Find out who I am then turn me down 😉 A spark can grow from a ember. If there's immediate physical attraction, allow anything else to grow. Lifes not perfect, give it time and try. This I believe. Guess who's been on tinder 😂 "there's no spark sorry".

0|0
    0|0
  • Never heard of a "spark" is that sh*t real or what cause i've never had it. Well who know maybe i did and brushed it off. Any way no i dont believe in "sparks" those are just the sexural and emotinal chenicals in your brain trying to piece together a mate.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that people feel either lust or some form of attacthment based on them projecting certain attributes onto another individual. I think the "spark" or romantic love is strongly a delusion in the sense that the person experiencing it does feel strong emotions, but those emotions absolutely are not love.

0|0
    0|0
  • A spark can happen anytime. Some girls I vibed better then others and everything clicked. That doesn't happen all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe in it and i think the spark gets bigger and better with time

0|0
    0|1
    • Does it usually happen when you meet someone in the beginning or something that can happen later on?

• I would say both there is a spark that gets you more interested in the person then the spark gets bigger and more intense just my opinion

• Its something that can develop later on after talking for a while but it can happen when you first meet too. Though that is more lust than anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are definitely different levels of natural chemistry that I'd associate with meeting people. Sparks, quiet embers, lighting bolt / stupefied on sight. I've experienced them all.

1|0
    0|0
  • The spark is undeniably what we are all looking for and judge if a relationship is going anywhere, unfortunately the problem is that the more we look for the spark, the less likely we are going to feel it...

0|0
    0|0
  • I've no idea what a "spark" is? Where does it comes from? What does it look like? Why is it called a spark?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It doesn't exist. For women, the only "spark" is how fat his wallet it and that's a fact. Can I get an amen?

0|0
    2|0
  • I think you can meet with someone for the first time and know they will play a part in your life. I'm not so sure you can fall in love with someone until you get to know them a bit more

0|0
    0|0
  • The spark.. OMG it's pure energy... wow. Smiling thinking about past sparks. But that's just it , they are in the past , didn't last , it burns bright and hot and uses all its fuel fast , I have been there and it's been... ? Erm well its difficult to find the right words , couldn't see anything else apart from her and our spark ,. My last relationship took a while to ignite. I was kind of fighting against it from fear of losing her and getting hurt , I didn't really see her beauty straight away. She worked on me but I still had a past spark in my head. Then one night when she had given up I saw it and she was the most beautiful woman most beautiful spirit. I lost her

0|0
    0|0
  • It can happen anytime, the spark. If it exists between two people, I mean if it is possible to spark between them

0|0
    0|0
  • the spark happens all the time
    do some research on the dopamine in your head

2|0
    0|0
  • Its like with ghosts, I start believing as soon as I see one, in this case feel it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes and I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling spark for you right now 😉😘😘

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• 100%, i feel a spark instantly or within a hour or so of getting to know them or its never there for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion it can develop later on.
    I‘m crushing really hard on a guy who i hated before, but with time we got to know each other a little more and i felt the butterflies in my stomach. (It makes me cringe but it‘s the truth)

0|0
    0|0
  • In a way, yes. It's not exactly like fireworks when you kiss or anything. More like just seeing him makes me happy and he can calm me in my worst day. Like my graduation was shitty and I was crying horribly and afterwards, I finally got to be with him and he made it better instantly. I consider that a spark.
    And yes, it can develop later on. I dont believe in 'love at first sight'.

0|0
    0|0
  • He knew something I didn't. But it doesn't start as a spark, maybe a slight brightness increase. Sparks come with the vibes and connections. They don't always happen instantly, and those that do, I don't trust. Play it safe, read a vibe before looking for a spark

0|0
    0|0
  • I do believe in the spark. Sometimes it's just there. Other times it develops. Sometimes it takes learning something new about the person that ignites the spark.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but like all fires they eventually burn out if they aren't fed.

1|0
    0|0
    • Or if that spark was fake to begin with. That 'spark' is just lust and physical obsession, when that wears off you'll know if it was really any love beneath all that.

• No I don’t believe in the spark. It develops later on even if it’s only 2 days after meeting them

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe when I feel it

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Both i think

0|0
    0|0
  • I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it happens at first sight. You just know that there's a connection. Like an invisible string connecting 2 people

0|0
    0|0
  • It can develop over time, but it can also be there straight from the start - I can vouch for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, I do

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes