What would you say if your partner ask "am I fat?". How would you like your partner to respond if you asked?

I was watching divorce court and this question came up.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah, the classic question!

SCENARIO 1:
    Wife: Am I fat?
    Husband (Telling truth): Yes
    Wife: I hate you! Why can't you be supportive of me?

SCENARIO 2:
    Husband (Telling truth or lying): No
    Wife: I hate you! You're lying! Why won't you tell me the truth? I look like a pregnant whale!

SCENARIO 3:
    Husband (not actually answering the question): You look perfect for me.
    Smart Wife: You didn't answer my question! DO I LOOK FAT?

Men pray for Scenario 4:

SCENARIO 4:
    Husband (not actually answering the question): You look perfect for me.
    Not so smart Wife: I love you!

1|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Scenario 5: Stay single and never stress over women again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, he isn't fat, so I would respond honestly no. Also, people who are actually overweight, often know they are, and wouldn't be asking a question like that. But it's the middle where it's tricky. For example if they have gained weight, so aren't as skinny as before, but aren't really fat either. I probably wouldn't know what to say, because I would probably hurt their feelings either way. If I lied, they would know, but if I said yes, they'd be upset. 🤷🏼

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• My wife asked all the time after every kid she had. Because she always got frustrated she wasn't losing the weight as fast as she wanted. I didn't think she was fat then and would tell her she is suppose to way more she just had a child.

2|0
    0|0
  • say its all in your head l wish to have you for the girl that you are so come here and let me love you and kiss you

1|0
    0|0
    • That's pretty sweet.

• yes and its all true l wish that l had a nice girl that l could love and respect at all times and to please yes l am the real deal of a guy the girl always comes first no matter what l don t like guys that are bad to girls l would do every thing to please a girl yes every thing girls are so cute when you look at them god l wish l had a nice girl edwin x x from scotland

• That is a question that is always a trap, I'll never answer it.

0|2
    0|0
    • I know it's a trap... but if your partner keeps asking you, not letting you go without an answer. What are you going to say?

• I'm not answering it. I don't play those games.

• Wait what trap is it?

• depends on what the context was, like if she was sad i'd tell her no and i love her the way she is. If it was a more casual question i'd say the same but end it with asking her if she thinks she is and that if she wants to we could workout together

1|0
    0|0
  • Say it as it is, she can't shit test me and expect white lies. If she's fat, im telling her she is and I expect the same thing from her. If we have to live a healthy life, can't lie about obesity.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• I don't think anyone should be asking their partners in the first place. If they want honest opinions without getting hurt, turn to family or friends. Don't put your partner in that awkward situation. They love you no matter what, if something was wrong they would probably tell you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, I never want to hear I look fat. If I have a bit of chub or something I wouldn't care if he said: "You're not fat, but you have a little pinch/a little extra weight." Unless I actually am fat, but in that case, I wouldn't ask because I'd already know lol.

0|0
    0|0
    • Mind you: I'm not lol. I'm quite small and I workout so this isn't an issue for me personally, this is hypothetical.

• My boyfriend gets scared when I ask that question... But once I asked him he said " your tummy is a bit fat , but I just love it cauz it's cute and it's like my pillow". 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • My response to him would be no, but you're chubby and I love it. His response to me would be to call me a chunkabutt xD and there's absolutely nothing I'd change about that responce.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're fat, I tell them "muscle is part of it too, but ain't nothing wrong with a bit of belly". Always my answer and it's my truth.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes