What would you say if your partner ask "am I fat?". How would you like your partner to respond if you asked?

I was watching divorce court and this question came up.

1528

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah, the classic question!

SCENARIO 1:
    Wife: Am I fat?
    Husband (Telling truth): Yes
    Wife: I hate you! Why can't you be supportive of me?

SCENARIO 2:
    Wife: Am I fat?
    Husband (Telling truth or lying): No
    Wife: I hate you! You're lying! Why won't you tell me the truth? I look like a pregnant whale!

SCENARIO 3:
    Wife: Am I fat?
    Husband (not actually answering the question): You look perfect for me.
    Smart Wife: You didn't answer my question! DO I LOOK FAT?

Men pray for Scenario 4:

SCENARIO 4:
    Wife: Am I fat?
    Not so smart Wife: I love you!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Scenario 5: Stay single and never stress over women again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, he isn't fat, so I would respond honestly no. Also, people who are actually overweight, often know they are, and wouldn't be asking a question like that. But it's the middle where it's tricky. For example if they have gained weight, so aren't as skinny as before, but aren't really fat either. I probably wouldn't know what to say, because I would probably hurt their feelings either way. If I lied, they would know, but if I said yes, they'd be upset. 🤷🏼

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE