Are blind dates a good idea?

4352

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Unless you just like the element of surprise itself, they are usually a really bad idea. Why? Because when you know someone beforehand, you've already vetted them. You've gone through the selection process, built rapport and found some things out that give you topics to talk about. You also know if this person is sane and more or less attractive. On a blind date, none of this guaranteed. And the one option you have is preparing a good out in case you really can't handle the person who you've been set up with.

• Oh, and people are not likely to find a person who truly fits you. It's like with fragrances and clothes. They almost always get it wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• They can be if you know who is setting you up and if they have you in mind when doing it. I’m very particular and unless the person knows me and my quarks a blind date isn’t going to work for the most part. But I have been on a few and I’ve met some nice women.